loosing weight but not inches

S_H84
S_H84 Posts: 75
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Good morning,

so, I have been on maintenance for a while now because I reached the weight I was happy with. However, I hadn't reached the hip measurement yet that I was hoping for.
Now, even though I am on maintenance, I am still loosing a little bit of weight but my measurements have stopped. How is that possible?

Any body got any advice on what I can do?

Replies

• NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    Contrary to popular belief, you cannot target Body Fat loss...There is no trick. Your body is your body and it will take the inches off where it wants to take the inches off....Now what you can and should do, is continue to decrease your overall body fat percentage without losing any more weight...do you have access to a gym?
  • qifitness
    qifitness Posts: 49 Member
    If your measurements are staying the same but weight is decreasing, then you've stopped shedding fat.

That's bad news, because it means you're dehydrating or, worst of all, losing 'lean' tissue - muscle.
    It's bad news because this is the very body tissue that burns fat. The more you have, the more fat you can burn, even at rest.

Resistance training is the only way to regain lost muscle tissue and improve your body's fat burning potential.
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Contrary to popular belief, you cannot target Body Fat loss...There is no trick. Your body is your body and it will take the inches off where it wants to take the inches off....Now what you can and should do, is continue to decrease your overall body fat percentage without losing any more weight...do you have access to a gym?

I am aware you can't target certain areas. The hip measurement is just the one that I care about, because the other ones are where they are supposed to be. So, I understand I have to continue working out until my body gets to burning the fat of my hips. I had lost 1.5 inch of my hip.... It has just stopped now though but my weight continues to decrease.

I would have access to a gym if I wanted to. However, I am doing a mix of biking, P90X and TurboFire for my work outs.

So, how do I hold my weight but continue loosing inches?

Thanks
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Your picture isn't really helpful in seeing your body type, but it's also really possible that you're simply a pear shape, and that your hips will be a bit larger than you'd like. What that means is there are tons of clothes that you get to wear that I never will because I am an upside down triangle/apple.

I say celebrate your lovely shape, enjoy your goal weight and take pleasure in who you are (and that great life in Michigan with a great hubby!)! (Easier said than done, right??)

Good luck :smile:
  • NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    I just went and looked at your profile but you have your daily food diary private so i cannot say for certain what you are doing now that is or is not working however you might be getting too much fat in your daily diet

If you are working off the 40/30/30 (Carbs/Protein/Fat) ratio I might suggest that you decrease your fat ratio to 25 or 20.....for example:

If your daily requirement for calories is say 2000 calories...if you are using the 40/30/30 breakdown than 40% of your calories should be coming from carbs and then 30% from protein and of course 30% from fats..you might need to bump it to 50/30/20 or something around those lines....I generally keep my fat intake at around 10% to 15% total....

Really it is all about experimentation and doing what you body wants you to do. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.