How many push ups in a row can you do?

Options
I can now do 15 in a row without having to stop and take a short break.

Not a lot... But better than when I first started fitness and really struggled with a maximum of just one/two pushups :-)

Replies

• Jaydec70
    Jaydec70 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I started my current exercise regime a month ago, I could do 3, now I can do 10, I would like to get to a point where I can do 100, so I'm keeping at it.
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I started my current exercise regime a month ago, I could do 3, now I can do 10, I would like to get to a point where I can do 100, so I'm keeping at it.

Yaaay great work!!!! I would love to get to 100 too... We can do it :-)
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    just 10. it gets easier the more you do it :-)
  • fanuch
    fanuch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym every two days but never do pushups. Regardless, I just did exactly 30 on my bedroom floor. Thanks for the workout :p
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    One.

This is one of my fitness goals though. To be good at them and do lots of them.
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    3! Yesterday was the first time i managed to do a proper one ever. Managed two yesterday, 3 today. Not many but i was still dead happy with ymself for even doing one whole one!
  • dxc92
    Options
    One.

This is one of my fitness goals though. To be good at them and do lots of them.

Just like me when I first started! Keep working at them!! :-)
  • surgesilk
    Options
    78..I was doing the 100 push up challenge and didn't quite make it
  • dxc92
    Options
    I go to the gym every two days but never do pushups. Regardless, I just did exactly 30 on my bedroom floor. Thanks for the workout :p

I think I will make this my next goal on the way up to 100... to double my pushups from 15 to 30 :-) Would feel ace being able to complete 30!
  • dxc92
    Options
    78..I was doing the 100 push up challenge and didn't quite make it

One for each pound you have lost! :-)
  • Xenus
    Xenus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can even do 1.
  • fanuch
    fanuch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone there is an app called "Runtastic Push Ups" on Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.runtastic.android.pushup.lite) and I think iPhone, which gives you a program to complete every day towards your goal push ups
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    3, and I'm really chuffed with that! :laugh:
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I can do 30 with good form. I'm working on upping that number.
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just started. Managed only 7 with correct form. I'm aiming for 10 next session.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the most i have done in a row is 16 as part of an insanity work out.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    kneeling - 20
    incline- 10
    normal - 0.7 :tongue:
  • JamBlaze
    JamBlaze Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Started out not being able to do ANY, I had zero arm strength. Now using the 100 push ups app and can do at least 8. Woo hoo!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    25, if i push it 30 ish but i started off at 2 ish which broke a sweat, must've burned at least 10,000 calories the way they felt as well

I wanna be able to do teh Bring Sally Up push up challenge by the end of 2014
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    50 straight during warm ups for jiu jitsu class. Not sure if that is my max or not as I don't try to do more if I don't have to :)