Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ice Age Baby!
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    Global warming isn't a very viable argument considering the weather where I live.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Global warming isn't a very viable argument considering the weather where I live.

Where I live we've been having record highs...upper 60s and into the 70s for most of January and dry...we're usually snowy and cold....it's our coldest month of the year usually and also when we get most of our annual precipitation.

Global warming has nothing to do with localized weather...it's global climate change. I don't want to get into whether or not it's man caused or natural...I happen to think it's a bit of both...but do just completely deny that the climate is changing around us is kinda weird. This is some pretty freaky stuff.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Ice Age Baby!

meanwhile, in other areas, things are burning up....
  • HDHogger
    Options
    Ice Age Baby!

meanwhile, in other areas, things are burning up....
    The climate is changing and has been since day one. It isn't changing any faster now than than if ever has. tho.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    it's hot down here and i'm over it ... i want winter ....
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    at least the lazy ppl are having to exercise to shovel
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Dude! I had a dream about that, but I was the shark.. And I had wings, none of that whole wind pushing me against the waves stuff.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    It is one degree F. here where I live, my MFP friends in AU and NZ are complaining about heat. Just like last year. LOL!
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    We're supposed to be snow and cold this weekend...and then 70* on Monday and then normalizing to high 30s/low 40s by mid week until we once again hit 70* next Saturday in the 10day. Roller coaster...I've lived in NM for over 25 years and I've never seen a winter like this one....basically we had two weeks of winter in early November and then spring like weather from Thanksgiving through all of January...literally, good camping/fishing spring like weather. Now it's just day to day apparently...today will be winter and tomorrow will be spring.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    I live in Canada......don't even get me started on the weather.......the temperature here right now is -30C with a wind chill factor of -37C.....my car has been plugged in all night and I hope like hell that it starts this morning......and to top it all off, the heat in my apartment says 16C (61F).....I've phoned my landlord!!!!!....I hate winter in Canada.....I want to go back to New Zealand.....sob!!:(
  • snow00774
    Options
    Meanwhile in Canada we have been having winter weather this winter.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    we've got floods and gales in the UK. So what's new?
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    We broke heat records last week and this week....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    "Tonight's forecast? Dark. Followed by widely scattered light in the morning. This is your Hippie Dippy Weatherman with your Hippie Dippie Weather, man."
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Global Warming or Global Freezing. Hmm :-)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    I live in the pacific northwest, about 15 mi from seattle... this morning it was 20 degrees and my husband and I are still riding our bikes to work every day. year round riders, that's what we do
  • HDHogger
    Options
    Well, If I were you I'd go buy some solar panels and hope Al Gore runs for president in 2016
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options

download_zps7faa6295.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Dude! I had a dream about that, but I was the shark.. And I had wings, none of that whole wind pushing me against the waves stuff.

Sam, you are a shark with wings. At least, that is how I see you. :wink: love it! Haha, I think that is the strangest compliment I have ever given someone.