What will I look like?

I have about 55lbs to go of the 80lbs I need to lose. As i have watched my body change, I can't help but wonder what I am going to look like when I reach my goal. Mostly I worry about loose skin, especially in my mid-section where I carry most of my weight. I wonder if after all I've done, that I still won't be happy with it and need to get a tummy tuck. I can't help but get frustrated thinking when I'm done with this battle, that I have to face another one. Does anyone else ever have these thoughts?

Replies

• Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Yes of course alot of people will have these thoughts and the only advice I can really offer is to face each "battle" at a time. You have no way of knowing what your skin will look like until you have lost the weight x
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    We definitely all go through this. I am 20 down since I started my diet with about 30 more to go. However, I am 57 down from my highest weight. We definitely all worry about skin. If I can give you any advice, it's lift. Lift, lift, lift. I work out hard just about every day trying to firm back up and that includes a lifting plan. I have also recently started running. I thought I would never say this, but I love running and the effects it's having on my legs is phenomenal. I have some thunder thighs so I worry about skin there as well. Also, I've heard slow weight loss is better to help skin from looking saggy as well. I had some saggy skin on my belly from having a baby and gaining 70 pounds while preggo and it's almost all the way gone now. Massive amounts of situp and crunches have worked wonders for that area. Can't do anything about the stretch marks, though. But, they don't worry me, I earned them.

So, yes, I have those same thoughts. And even worse, even though I am slimming down, I am still that same "fat girl" as before with very little self confidence. I wish you the very best on your journey and I hope I helped atleast a tad. :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I have about 55lbs to go of the 80lbs I need to lose. As i have watched my body change, I can't help but wonder what I am going to look like when I reach my goal. Mostly I worry about loose skin, especially in my mid-section where I carry most of my weight. I wonder if after all I've done, that I still won't be happy with it and need to get a tummy tuck. I can't help but get frustrated thinking when I'm done with this battle, that I have to face another one. Does anyone else ever have these thoughts?

You will look better. I've never seen anyone who didn't. Even with some loose skin, you will look better. One advantage to losing weight slowly, the right way, is that your skin has time to shrink down somewhat with you. If it's been stretched too far, it will still have some looseness to it (mine does) but you will still look better.