In need of advice about calorie intake, and weightloss.

Options
I have been working out about 4 - 5 days, with two days off, for the past 2 weeks. I do 30 minutes of cardio every other day, and strength training for the remaining days. Also, I try to be on a 1200 calorie a day diet, but lately I find myself eating a little bit more :/. Still, I do not go over 1400 calories. Which is still a healthy amount of calories, right? The problem is, my weight won't seem to do down really. It could be water weight, or muscle, so I took measurements. Everything is getting a little smaller, except my stomach. Is this just how my body is, naturally losing it in certain places first? Would changing my calorie intake make a difference? I'm 5 foot 2, and 180 lbs, and I have hypothyroidism. Any advice is appreciated. :)

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Not Muscle, your not eating enough for muscle..

Digital Food Scale, keep at it, no idea how hypothyroidism will mess with your results, Patience, Patience.. 2 weeks is nothing in weight loss..
  • cathy3457
    cathy3457 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1200 calories sounds a little low for the amount of exercise you seem to be doing. For me if I'm hungry, I eat because clearly my body is asking for energy/nutrition. I just make sure it's a healthy choice. Also for myself I lose weight from my chest and butt first, then the stomach follows so don't fret. The tummy will follow soon!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If you're shrinking in some places rather than your belly, it just might be you. Eventually, as you continue in your workouts and healthy eating habits the belly fat will go as well. All bodies are unique. You'll get there.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have been working out about 4 - 5 days, with two days off, for the past 2 weeks. I do 30 minutes of cardio every other day, and strength training for the remaining days. Also, I try to be on a 1200 calorie a day diet, but lately I find myself eating a little bit more :/. Still, I do not go over 1400 calories. Which is still a healthy amount of calories, right? The problem is, my weight won't seem to do down really. It could be water weight, or muscle, so I took measurements. Everything is getting a little smaller, except my stomach. Is this just how my body is, naturally losing it in certain places first? Would changing my calorie intake make a difference? I'm 5 foot 2, and 180 lbs, and I have hypothyroidism. Any advice is appreciated. :)

When you lose weight you always lose it from random places. I lose in my face first, then my stomach, then my sides. For your activity level I think you need to take in more calories to help your body preform BETTER WHILE LOSING WEIGHT.

Check out this calculator : http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    It has been VERY accurate for a lot of friends and others I know.

Two weeks if nothing in terms of time. You didn't gain weight you want to lose in two weeks.... so it's going to take some time to drop it, but it will happen, don't worry.
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will definitely check out that calorie counter, and work on my patience. Lol :)