Tracey Anderson method

Options
Just curious has anyone done the Tracey Anderson method and what your thoughts are?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    One of my friends does it, and she LOVES it! Her body looks great too. I've done a few of the workouts and they were good for toning.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I haven't but Women's Fitness guide reviewed her DVDs and gave her 2.3 stars out of 5. They seemed to imply that it wasn't safe for beginners.

http://womensfitnessguide.org/tracy2.html
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    other than the fact the woman lives in a world where apparently nothing is over 3-5 lbs I'm sure it's great.

She's a nit wit- I'd never use her program.

My sewing bag weighs more than her work out weights COMBINED.
    Bag of cat food- 25 lbs
    gallon of milk- almost 8 lbs

lord- how do we function in a world where crap weighs more than 5 lbs!!!! OH NO!!!

Not useful. find something else.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You don't want to know my views on Tracy Anderson =D
  • Lisafromtheburgh
    Options
    I borrowed the mat workout DVDs from a friend I watched it but didn't try it and I wasn't too impressed. I remember hearing her saying don't use more than a three pound weight otherwise you'll "bulk up" . I thought that part was hilarious. After reading everyone's opinions I've decided I'm not going to waste my money. Thanks.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Her meal plans are completely unsustainable and the workouts aren't explained at all and super hard for a beginner. Over all, it's a niche program at best and just silly dancing at worst. And what's up with the tiny weights?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    In for the ride.

Weeeee!
  • Lisafromtheburgh
    Options
    I borrowed the DVD from a friend I watched it but didn't try it and when she said don't do more than three pounds you'll bulk up I laughed out loud because that to me was so hilarious.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The diet she advises is why people lose weight on the Tracy Anderson programmes. Its a low calorie 1000 cal a day, which is not even enough for a 14 year old child. Just because she is tiny and eats like a sparrow, doesn't mean she should treat everyone the same!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Meh
  • Lisafromtheburgh
    Options
    Wow there are some very passionate opinions of her and her workouts! I'm always leary of titles like "guru" or celebrity fitness "expert" . Thanks again.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    She's a celebrity trainer. I don't believe she even has any fitness credits. Her philosophy is pretty whacked out and when she was questioned by people who are well versed in fitness and health, she flubbed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lisafromtheburgh
    Options
    I may be wrong but wasn't she the one who is against spinning? I love spinning. I lost a lot of weight doing spinning classes and spinning at home.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I may be wrong but wasn't she the one who is against spinning? I love spinning. I lost a lot of weight doing spinning classes and spinning at home.

she's against almost all forms of legitimate actual training.

which makes her a nit wit and a complete sham.

Real dancers work way harder than that- and she's really big on promoting that "lean feminine dancer's body" which is hysterical.