Options
2»

Replies

• sherhop
    Options
    mmmmm
  • blel0906
    Options
    YUM I LOVE Pumpkin pie...very interested in the Pumpkin Mouse one..I beleive I made something like this a long time ago it was a cold pumpkin pie with coolwhip anyway...I've been trying to relocate the recipee
  • agb06d
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe!! This will be a definite to take home for Thanksgiving where everyone gives us a hard time about how we eat.
    And congrats on your stats for P90x!!! I am in my 5th week Lean. I finally got past a plateau last week and have made it to the 150s!
    I am the same build as your description. I feel it has been so hard to actually because of that, but now with Tony, I am starting to see definition! I love P90x!!! =]
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • youngtweezy
    Options
    Light ‘n Pure Pumpkin Pie

Serves: 6

Total time: About 1 hour

Ingredients:
    2 cups Fiber One cereal
    ¾ cup Smart Balance Light, melted
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 29-ounce can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
    ¼ cup sugar or 1/8 cup Splenda
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    ¾ cup 2% Greek yogurt

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350ºF.
    Prepare the crust by placing Fiber One in a food processor and grinding (it should be a powder-like consistency with a few lumps). If you don’t have a food processor, put Fiber One in a sealable plastic bag. Using a meat mallet, crush the cereal until ground.
    Add Smart Balance and vanilla. Mix together thoroughly, spread crust mixture onto bottom of pan and smooth together.
    Bake for 12 minutes.
    Remove. Let crust cool for 30 minutes before adding the pie filling.
    Prepare filling by mixing pumpkin, Splenda or sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and Greek yogurt. Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Spread pumpkin mixture into pan.
    Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until warm. Serve with a few tablespoons whipped cream or scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream.

Nutrition Content:
    Per serving (about 4 ounces or 1/6 of pie)
    Made with sugar: 230 calories, 12 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 37 g carbohydrate, 14 fiber, 6 g protein, 255 mg sodium
    Made with Splenda: 200 calories, 12 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 29 g carbohydrate, 14 g fiber, 6 g protein, 255 mg sodium.

http://www.skinnyandthecity.com/your-new-pumpkin-pie-recipe-thanksgiving/
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    i make a slow-cooker pumpkin butter (no, it does not contain any butter!) which is good for satisfying those pumpkin urges!

I hadn't even heard of pumpkin butter till a few years ago and i have to say YUM, its GOOD! .... I tried it because my youngest son's egg allergy was going to prevent him from having pumpkin pie and wellllll, that is pretty hard for a mama to think of!

I like it on an Arnold sandwich thin, lightly toasted or a few graham crackers. Stir it into yogurt too.

When i did my calculations, based on my yield, i came up with around 15 calories per teaspoon. Your cal/tsp count will vary depending on how long you cook it down & your overall yield, but that is a ballpark figure.

SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN BUTTER

Ingredients:
    2 c pumpkin puree (you can make fresh or use quality canned pumpkin)
    1 c sugar
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    1/8 tsp ground cloves
    pinch ground nutmeg
    1 lemon, juice of

Directions:
    Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for about 3 hours. Stir once about half-way through. After 3 hours, stir and check consistency & color. You will want it to be thickened and to darken to a deep, but not burned, color. Remember, you want this to be thick but not burned and gummy. You may need to cook for a longer (it seems i always do!)... You can also turn it down onto low if you want-- just cook longer :)

Empty into small clean glass jars (leave some headroom!) and freeze (up to a year) or refrigerate (up to a few weeks).

You can easily double the recipe as they make nice hostess gifts for the fall/winter holidays :)
    pumpkinbutter.jpg
  • k8ieP
    k8ieP Posts: 54
    Options
    yummy!

Bump
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Mousse Pie

1 cup of fat free milk
    1 package of fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 can of pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
    1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip Fat Free thawed
    1 reduced fat graham cracker crust.

In a large bowl, beat milk, pudding mix and spice with a wire whisk for 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk in pumpkin. Fold in half of whipped topping. Spread in crust.

Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Store in refrigerator.

1/8 slice is about 176 cals with a 32 g total carbs. you can find all the details in MFP as I entered all of it.

Thanks so much for sharing this! I made it last night, adding a few calories with some sprinkled Ritz for a crust and it was FANTASTIC! If you're craving pumpkin pie, but not the calories, this is an easy, no bake option! It's a little fluffier, but the flavor is definately there! MMM. Can't wait for leftover dessert tonight.

Shannon