New runner... what do you listen too??

Options
What does your playlist look like?

Replies

• fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What kind of music is in your playlist that keeps you motivated?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    upbeat hiphop - lots of kesha, pitbull, david gerulla (however you spell that) usher for me, some beyonce, LMFAO, and other stuff in there too
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Pandora's Lady Gaga station. It's morphed into this weird Lady Gaga-Kesha-Classic Rock mix.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like music that makes me feel sexy. Songs that tell me how hot I am and how great I am. Lol. I'm not that hot (at least yet) but it gives me a little extra pep in my step feeling like yeah, I'm gonna be that hot!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    whatever is usually on the top 40 or playing on the radio..is usually on my current playlists.. but i really love listening to krewella, goldhouse, radical something, & cash cash. check them out on youtube.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I like dance music because it is the right tempo - anything you would want to get up and dance to.

If you have a smartphone - try the Iheartradio app and the Spincycle channel - its all remixes of dance music.

One of my favorite motivational songs is Calvin Harris/Neyo Let's Go!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a really heavy/hard playlist, but older stuff mostly. Suicidal Tendencies, Anthrax, Metallica. Or older rap, Dr. Dre, Public Enemy, that sort of thing.
  • pursuittofit
    pursuittofit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like dance music because it is the right tempo - anything you would want to get up and dance to.

If you have a smartphone - try the Iheartradio app and the Spincycle channel - its all remixes of dance music.

One of my favorite motivational songs is Calvin Harris/Neyo Let's Go!

Yeah, that song pumps me up like no mofo!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Death Cube K
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    upbeat hiphop - lots of kesha, pitbull, david gerulla (however you spell that) usher for me, some beyonce, LMFAO, and other stuff in there too

Same here. For me it's all about a fast, light, upbeat rhythm and not actual lyrics.
  • ef79
    ef79 Posts: 4
    Options
    Pandora Dance Cardio plays a great mix for running.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I have an eclectic play list Pink emeinem Genesis Steve miller
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    FitRadio.com
  • vineas
    vineas Posts: 84
    Options
    When running I usually go for top 40 pop, hiphop or dance, something that's upbeat and somewhat fast helps get through the tough parts or get you to hit your speed. Took me a while to figure out what worked for me, I'm normally a metal head so typically wouldn't listen to this type of music, but it's so perfect for running.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound self righteous or like a holy roller here...but I listen to Christian rock and Christian rap. What I found is when I would listen to heavy metal or rap the beat was right but the message got me in a negative place. When I switched to the Christian stuff I not only got the beats and such - I also got a positive message that helped carry me through. I am a firm believer that positives propel and negatives repel.
  • vinniesooner
    vinniesooner Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I alternate between music and a comedy podcast. I listen to Open Mic Rejects because it's usually one hour, and that's my usual workout. I find that if I'm listening to the comedy I don't notice the work I'm doing as much. It's a little embarrassing if I bust out laughing, but I like it.
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a Pandora station based on Moves Like Jagger; it holds up pretty well for "running" (I'm on W2D1 of C25K).
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    So funny you made this post... I was just getting read to post a topic about this...
    Now - disclaimer here - 90% of my songs are christian hip-hop, but they work for me.

Right now I have a list something like this:

Gimme Dat - Ambassador
    Til I collapse - Eminem
    Move - Flame
    5 seconds - Canton Jones
    All my folk - Canton Jones
    I believe God - D Maub
    Zone Out - KB
    I'm a creature - D Maub
    What I've Overcome - Fireflight
    For Those Who Wait - Fireflight
    Anomaly - KB