Not losing weight on Paleo diet

Options
2»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Fat is protein sparing in a deficit. After all protein is king????
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    Especially when inhaling ether. :wink:
  • jimlambrt2
    jimlambrt2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What does "cheating on weekends" mean?

To maintain your weight, you can eat 14700 total cals in 7 days. Currently, you're eating about 8000 cals total M-F, consuming 1600 cals a day. That leaves 6700 cals for the weekends. If "cheating on weekends" includes going out on Friday night too, it would be trivial to consume an additional 500 cals on Friday night and then 3100 cals both Sat and Sun for a grad total of.... 14700 for the week. Yep, no weight loss even though you're eating Paleo during the week.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    @neanderthin.

Lol????
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    You're eating too many calories. Doesn't matter what kind of food you're eating if you're consuming too many calories.

this….x 1,000
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Could I be doing something wrong?

Yep. You're eating too much.
    Any advise?

Eat less.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Source please?
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    First of all, The Paleo Diet is more of a lifestyle change and should be looked at it as such. Do not look at it as a diet. The cheating, well, if you are cheating on the weekends and not simply just having a cheat meal, that could be the issue. Also, exercising is important.

From what you described in your post, it didn't look like to me you were eating enough. You need lean proteins, high but good fat filled oils like olive oil, and vegetables. Fat doesn't make you fat.

I suggest you digging deeper into researching the Paleo plan. Invest in a Paleo cook book and develop your meals that way.

This is good advice
  • FemmeFitFarm
    Options
    paleo is tricky. i see a lot of people eat "paleo" wrecklessly, without any thought of calorie consumption.

paleo is a more difficult diet to keep the calories down on, especially if you get caught up with paleo cookbooks and trends: everything is high high high fat and calories [sausage, bacon, coconut oil, oh my!!!]. most of my friends who are paleo STILL track their calories religiously and workout vigorously [crossfit FTW!]

it doesn't matter what diet you choose, if you're eating more calories than you're burning, YOU WON'T LOSE WEIGHT.