Weight Loss Plataeu

Options
Im 5'7 and weight 154. Ive been stuck at this weight...MFP has me at 1290 calories per day. I work out 2x per day 5 days a week. According to my BMR it says I should be eating about 2000 calories per day. So im confused. I think I might not be eating enough to lose weight. My goal weight is 135-40. I carry alot of weight in my hips/thigh since having a baby 7 months ago. Most of my life I have been 155 but I want to lose more. Ive been doing the Shaun T Focus T25 and going to the gym 4 days too. ANy suggestions??

Replies

• Ktmax456
    Ktmax456 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Never eat below your bmr. Try adding calories back in slowly. Work up to your BMR. Also you should find your TDEe. Your definitly not eating enough.
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    We are the exact same on the ht/wt I think you should stay at your calories and up the protein and lower the carbs. I did not look at your diary.
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    How long have you been stuck? Plateaus happen especially as your body adjusts to its new weight. You're also still adjusting to life with a new baby (I have four kids and the baby years are hard!) Also, the more exercise you do the more your muscles will hold onto water so they can have glycogen to repair themselves. So water weight can mask true fat loss.

You may be gaining muscle weight, as well. Try taking your measurements and compare those instead of using the scale.
  • blwilson79
    Options
    Ive lost 20 lbs since Oct but I have been stuck for about 2 months now. I did do measurements at the beginning of this work out program and have lost 2 inches in the last 4 and 1/2 weeks. I have noticed changes in my booty so I think I am gaining muscle. So I guess as long as I am losing inches Im on the right track. Ive recently started protein shake with Almond milk and my body isnt used to all the protein so that could be a factor too. I try to go for high protein, low carb diet.