Greek Yogurt For Breakfast

Options
Yesterday I had yogurt for the first time and hated it. Some friends gave me some ideas, and two stand out.

Honey and cinnamon. Never mind the dark chocolate chips, those were in it yesterday too, and the granola gave it a satisfying crunch but wasn't enough to override the flavor profile. A liberal amount of cinnamon and a zig zag of honey later and I was halfway through the bowl before I remembered I wasn't supposed to like it. Amazing.

As a side note, there is no question here. Just felt like sharing.

Replies

• rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I buy Zoi's honey flavor of nonfat Greek Yogurt. Have some every morning (with nothing mixed in).

Great stuff and loaded in protein.
  • zimazoom
    zimazoom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat Strawberry Yoplait 80 calorie Greek Yogurt every morning.
    I also sprinkle in some Benefiber to help with satiety.
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I hate yogurt, it usually makes me gag. I found I can tolerate Fage greek yogurt because it doesn't taste like yogurt. It's a little thicker and doesn't have that yogurt "tang". I always eat mine with honey and sometimes with a banana cut up in it. One other one is the Chobani Flips, those are more on the dessert side instead of the typical yogurt. I like the Key Lime and the Banana the best.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Make sure your greek yogurt is really GREEK yogurt, and not just the hyped "greek style" yogurt. All that is is yogurt with some corn starch. If that's what you're eating, you might as well just eat regular yogurt.

But, if it is greek yogurt and you're enjoying it, great! I'd watch the calories closely however, if you have to add tons of other stuff just to choke it down. Cheers!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I like cabot plain greek yogurt- add in vanilla protein powder and warmed fruit- tastes amazing. For me that works otu to be 40 P out of 240 calories. Lots of bang for my buck.

I do really like granola in my yogurt though- that's a deliciously satisfying crunch. :D
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When the Force fails to hide you, add some tattoos...

I like that picture.

To be honest, I had very little idea of what I was buying and there a bunch of women in exercise clothes just grabbing yogurt out of the fridge and I panicked. It does say Greek on the top but didn't look any further than that. I will have to go home and check it out, thanks for the heads up.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it plain buy it with fruit added

I like Oikos Greek yogurt and lately I like the coconut flavor and I add some toasted almonds to it (yumm)

I usually just toast a whole bag of almonds at once then put them in a container so they are ready to use when I want them.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Oikos Key Lime .. tastes pretty darn close to key lime pie filling ..

Also a fan of light and fit toasted coconut with a 100-calorie pack of cocoa roasted almonds mixed in.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    When I am in the mood for it, I'll buy plain lowfat Greek yogurt and add my own honey - the ones that have honey in them are usually too sweet for my taste, plus that way I can control the quality of honey. Instead of granola, which is usually full of calories and fat, I'll add a bit of Kashi Go Lean for crunch - amps up the protein even more too! For fruits, my favorites are mango, berries, and/or bananas. I haven't tried adding cinnamon, but that sounds great!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When the Force fails to hide you, add some tattoos...

I like that picture.

To be honest, I had very little idea of what I was buying and there a bunch of women in exercise clothes just grabbing yogurt out of the fridge and I panicked. It does say Greek on the top but didn't look any further than that. I will have to go home and check it out, thanks for the heads up.
    Smiles.
    See this:
    http://nutritionella.com/2012/10/greek-yogurt-whats-real/
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I usually have fage plain greek yogurt and add fresh blueberries or rasberries. I recently tried the oikos vanilla greek yogurt and love it with same fresh berries!