To work out or not work out when sick

Options
So I have had a hard time kicking this ducking flu. I had it the first week in January, then felt very low on energy the second week. The third week I started working out again, and my congestion came back with a vengeance. So I skipped the whole week of workout, and just this week have started feeling better. I started a short, light workout Tuesday ( JM Ripped in 30 level 1 which is nbd for me) and did this Tuesday and yesterday. Felt great during the workout yesterday, but an hour afterward I had a fever ( 99.8) and chills, muscle aches all night. I took my supplements, had some soup,and went to bed early. It may not have helped that it was -10 out, and I had to be out and about for work for a few hours in the morning.

Fever broke overnight, and today I feel fine again, with mild congestion still. Skip working out today? I am hydrated with a fairly normal energy level. This is driving me crazy, grrr. What do you do about exercise when you are sick?

Replies

• just_Jennie1
    Options
    I'd take it easy to be honest and wait until you're fully recovered. Yes, you're feeling fine today however you could set yourself back and get sick again.

Your body is telling you to rest.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I find a ton of cardio when Im stuffed up clears up the cold, just through expelling it, blowing nose while running.
    That's just me, if youre having serious issues with breathing don't attempt it.