P90x without adding

Options
So started p90x(not for the first time) I'm trying to lose weight and exercise but I am not suppose to exercise so my question is did any one have success just doing the p90x with out adding anything else..

Replies

• ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    if you're not supposed to exercise... i really don't recommend p90x. it's challenging, especially if you increase the amount you're lifting regularly, as intended. that being said, I lost almost my first 70 lbs with p90x, exclusively. and a good diet, of course.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Why are you not supposed to exercise? P90X is exercise.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Why are you not supposed to exercise? Doctor's orders?
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    ?? Do not do P90X if any doctor has told you not to exercise!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you are not supposed to add any additional exercise to the program?

if that is the case you don't need to, you don't need to do any exercise to lose weight, just eat at a deficit.
  • tabbethaclouse
    Options
    I have had two neck surgeries in two years and I'm not suppose to do high impact or lift anything heavier then 5lbs above my head, that being sAid I have ya 42 lb 3 year old and 6year old (3yr old is really big not chunky at all) and swim all the time, I'm not seeing any weight loss with just swimming but running / elliptical hurt when I do them, I don't see anything that bothers me in the p90x that hurts other then jumping jacks, just wondering if anyone seen any change with just p90x and diet
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I have had two neck surgeries in two years and I'm not suppose to do high impact or lift anything heavier then 5lbs above my head, that being sAid I have ya 42 lb 3 year old and 6year old (3yr old is really big not chunky at all) and swim all the time, I'm not seeing any weight loss with just swimming but running / elliptical hurt when I do them, I don't see anything that bothers me in the p90x that hurts other then jumping jacks, just wondering if anyone seen any change with just p90x and diet

Then don't do P90X. Not yet, anyway. Get your neck squared away first.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Then don't do P90X. Not yet, anyway. Get your neck squared away first.

This. P90x is full of push-ups and pull-ups, plyometrics is lots of jumping around, and if jumping jacks hurt, this stuff probably will too. And like i said before, i lost weight using it but i was lifting more than 5 lbs and regularly increasing my lifts.

At the very least, consult your doctor.