Cant stop eating at night

Options
2»

Replies

• cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    I've read all the posts related to this topic. I do sooooo well during the day, blah blah blah. I cannot stop stuffing my mouth at night....no matter how hard I try. Starts at 6pm and doesn't stop till 10pm................... do I have to go outside and tie myself to a tree. :( help.

At the very least, remove all unhealthy snacks and replace them with better options (veggies, raw nuts, etc)from your kitchen - that way if you are unable to refrain from eating you will at least be consuming good options.
  • annetteh145
    annetteh145 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It may be that you aren't eating enough during the day, that's how it is for me at least...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Research Intermittent fasting (IF) and just don't eat most of the day and save all your cals for an 8 hour window.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Drinking something warm helps me, or I do a workout during my favorite Tv show which is after dinner and after I feel hungry so I drink a cup of milk with sugar free chocolate syrup and it makes me feel satisfied... but then my husband is next to me and is eating a huge bowl of sugary cereal....I sometime steal a bite or two:happy:
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I just plan for night eating...because I'm going to do it anyway.
    Breakfast and lunch I can pretty much control my food options, and I always try to save about 200 calories for after dinner because I know I'll want cereal or froyo. :)

Don't deprive yourself. Just plan for what is going to happen anyway. :)

Also...eat more protein with dinner maybe?
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I always eat at night. Just plan for it.
    It's not the time of day you eat, it's what you eat throughout the day.
    I can't go to sleep hungry.
  • bassaniobroke
    bassaniobroke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've read all the posts related to this topic. I do sooooo well during the day, blah blah blah. I cannot stop stuffing my mouth at night....no matter how hard I try. Starts at 6pm and doesn't stop till 10pm................... do I have to go outside and tie myself to a tree. :( help.
    Same with me.
  • cohenida
    cohenida Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have similar a problem. I have difficulty just before bedtime. Then I want something sweet. It is so hard to resist. I joined the 4 week challenge and one of my goals in the challenge is to stop doing that. We are on our 2nd week now and I managed to control it so far because of that goal in that challenge. Keep trying. You will find a way.
  • bassaniobroke
    Options
    sounds like good idea.
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing....It's a BAD habit. I need help also.
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, and while these are all good suggestions, in your situation I'd try leaving room in your daily intake for snacks and having low calorie snacks available. I have to have something at night while working or watching tv, so at 9pm (if I can hold out that long) I have a bag of Jollytime 94% fat free popcorn. 275 calories for the large bag, or 100 calories for the mini bags. If I have to have something sweet I have off brand Honey Nut Cheerios (120 calories per cup). Check your favorite brand of cereal, low sugar, and you might be surprised how many you could have with a low calorie count.
  • bassaniobroke
    Options
    I ran into this problem last night.. I'd almost hit my calorie goal after dinner, and had about 50 calories left. I made myself some hot water and dropped a chicken bouillon low sodium cube in it.. tastes like chicken broth. Was very satisfying, and only 5 calories per 8 oz.
    Sounds good. just 5 calories to deceive your desire.
  • xDinMammax
    Options
    I used to binge like crazy at night, because I take medications that trigger my hunger something horrible. Solution? I gave in. Now I eat a plain omelette with one whole egg and two egg whites (just over 100 calories) and/or a protein bar (200 calories) when the meds kick in. I've tried going cold turkey many times, but I just can't do it. I've tried hot drinks, I've tried cold drinks, eating dinner late, having several small meals throughout the day...
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Drink water....it works ;)
  • bassaniobroke
    Options
    I eat less through the day because I'm sooo busy so I eat those calories at night and works out fine , still losing weight and inches, plus I go to the gym at night and eat when I get home.
    Cool if you are loosing weight. They say you store calories in your body if you go to bed after eating. But I will try your method.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Drinking something warm helps me:happy:

How YOU Doin? :love: :flowerforyou:
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I wonder if youre not eating enough during the day, and if so that may be causing you to get the munchies at night...
  • RelevantKnowledge
    RelevantKnowledge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you need to raise your calorie goal so you aren't starving at night.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    As lame as this sounds . . . I brush my teeth once I've eaten whatever I had planned for the evening. Usually the prospect of having to brush them again will deter me from eating anything else.
    This...and going to bed early.... helps! Good luck
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    I'm just like you!

What I realized is that I have to eat breakfast a lot later in the day, or skip lunch.

I have to stay between 1400-1700 calories, and if I eat breakfast around 11am OR lunch at 5PM, then I can eat a whole other meal or snacks between 8-11PM and not go over my calorie goal.

If you are eating betweetn 1400 - 1700 per day, you should be able to eat plenty of food and not be hungry. Just got to eat the right kinds of foods.....