Want to Keep Weight Off? Weekday Meals May Be Key

Options
This is me exactly! I tried logging and counting and hitting daily goals and just found it was too much like work for me. But this eating this way without counting seems easy and natural to me.

(I NOT knocking MFP or counting. I'm just too lazy for it. It's not you, it's me!).

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140206/want-to-keep-the-weight-off-weekday-meals-may-be-key

THURSDAY, Feb. 6, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- People trying to lose weight should pay close attention to what they eat during the week, and not worry as much about enjoying themselves during the weekend, a new study suggests.

Nearly everyone gradually loses weight during the week and then gains it back over the weekend, a team of American and Finnish researchers reported.

"Almost to a person, we weigh the most Sunday night and we weigh the least Friday morning," said study co-author Brian Wansink, a professor of consumer behavior at Cornell University and author of the book Slim By Design.

But people who successfully lose weight and keep it off are those who maintain healthy eating habits during the week, the researchers found.