Jumping on the bandwagon!

Options
Here I go....attempting once again to lose inches around the beer gut. I'm losing weight, but not inches. Sit-ups don't seem to be helping. Any ideas?

Replies

• andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    From what I have read, you can't "spot-reduce." Sorry for the bad news, but the good news it -- continue losing weight and eventually the inches will come off!

Or, maybe I'm out of the loop and other members will have some ideas..... ?
  • jgandy4094
    jgandy4094 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. I am told that in time it will shrink. :smile:
  • chuckrhode
    Options
    Thanks, Sis. I'm really spending TOO much time playing with myfitnesspal. Fun, though! :happy:
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I hear you about the wanting to get in shape for travel.

I can't speak from personal experience yet, but have read that probably the best way to strengthen stomach muscles is to blow out all your breath... then suck in stomach muscles as much as you can and hold for as long as you can before breathing again. It kind of reminds me of an exercise we used to do in yoga class back in my slender days.

Becky
  • turbojanem
    Options
    abdominal inches are best reduced by removing the processed carbs. are you reducing your breads, crackers, boxed cereals....stick to the rice that takes close to an hour to cook, sweet potatoes (small amounts!), limit your high sugar fruits and veggies like bananas, pineapples, carrots. the south beach diet is GREAT for tips on low GI (glycemic index) which will help.
    and i have to ask....are you still consuming the beer???? alcohol will add inches to my middle in a heartbeat. hope this all helps!