Do Processed Carbs Affect Fat Loss in the Belly?

Options
im at a relatively low weight but this darn belly fat wont go away! i know they say abs are made in the kitchen, but what exactly do they mean? just a calorie deficit? does quality of food matter as well?

i currently eat at a deficit, do strength training as well - being patient and hoping ill have a flat tummy in a couple months. im also avoiding processed carbs as much as possible although i eat them occasionally as a "treat".

however since i only have so little to lose, should i be more strict? i.e. should i avoid processed carbs like pizza, bread, cake even more than i already do? or is this okay as long as im eating at a deficit?

any other tips?

thanks!

Replies

• kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    bump
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yeah unfortunately you can't target fat loss in a specific area of the body, just like you can't target fat gain. It just has to come off as it comes off. Your body doesn't recognize that your caloric deficit came while you avoided processed carbs and then decide to use fat stored around your belly to make up for it.
  • thevoice1973
    thevoice1973 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    There is one point to make and that's genetics! As your genetics determine exactly where fat is stored on your body, it also dictates how fat comes off your body. Ever notice how some professional bodybuilders have incredibly defined but uneven abs? It comes down to what exactly you're looking to achieve. If you want an apparent six pack, then stick to your calorie deficit until you achieve the body fat percentage that looks good to you.

And don't lose hope!