Really need some advice knowing when to stop & maintaining

emmalouisegrant
emmalouisegrant Posts: 12
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hiya,

I am finally one kg off my goal weight! I have lost just over four stone since christmas and am very proud! However i now have a new set of problems! I find myself not being as satisfied with my new body as i thought i would be and am tempted to lower my goal weight to another 5kg, my partner is not too happy about it, but think i would feel better!

My other problem is that i am getting concerned about maintaining my weight, i often have about 500 cals left at the end of the day as i psychologically find it hard to eat what i have earnt, but am worried that if i eat up to my 1200 each day i may start to put on weight!

Really confused, worried and stressed to would be very greatful of some help!

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hiya,

I am finally one kg off my goal weight! I have lost just over four stone since christmas and am very proud! However i now have a new set of problems! I find myself not being as satisfied with my new body as i thought i would be and am tempted to lower my goal weight to another 5kg, my partner is not too happy about it, but think i would feel better!

My other problem is that i am getting concerned about maintaining my weight, i often have about 500 cals left at the end of the day as i psychologically find it hard to eat what i have earnt, but am worried that if i eat up to my 1200 each day i may start to put on weight!

Really confused, worried and stressed to would be very greatful of some help!

If you lost another 5kg (11lbs), you would probably want to go even lower, you need to get yourself grounded and be careful.

You have lost an awful lot of weight and possibly the reason your partner is not too happy about it is because they may think you will look a little too thin perhaps? Remember what your goal weight was at the beginning, how would you have felt in the beginning if you could have woken up the second day into your weight loss programme at your goal weight? Would you have been happy? I bet you would have. Well now you ARE at your goal, the problem is, many, many people, once they lose their excess weight, never think they are quite slim enough, but even if they continue, they never feel better, they just end up wanting to lose more and more.

This is why it is so important to take stock.

Regarding maintenance, up your calories bit by bit, say 50 to 75 calories per day, keeping an eye on your weight, until you find the calorie amount that keeps you at your goal weight.
This discussion has been closed.