Meth. It does a body good.

13»

Replies

• GGut
    GGut Posts: 94 Member
    I'm just tickled by this thread and those who are supporting meth. And yes, I understand that they might not be supporting meth as much as they are dissuading judgment, however, judgement can also be called survival of the fittest. I judge every day... its how I'm still alive...

...so do you :P

Anyway, cheers to meth. Makes for great COPS episodes.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    I just don't get how it gets started. Like your chilling at a party having a good time and someone walks up and is all like "hey, how about some meth? I think this party needs some meth, you should probably do some meth?" and you are all like "well damn, I am a little buzzed, YOLO bro, meth it is?"

this made me lol. Honestly it starts when someone doesn't want the party to end. Or if the party ended too late and they've got to be at work in three hours or whatever. It starts just like any other substance use/abuse.

totally. Curiosity, not wanting the party to end, a sense of 'everything will be ok, how bad can it really be to do it ONCE'

I'd like to come up with a more PR happy word but I am sorry, I can't. If any of those are your reasons then you are a ****ing retard and should really off yourself to further advance the human race by just ending any possibility you have of reproducing.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    I just don't get how it gets started. Like your chilling at a party having a good time and someone walks up and is all like "hey, how about some meth? I think this party needs some meth, you should probably do some meth?" and you are all like "well damn, I am a little buzzed, YOLO bro, meth it is?"

this made me lol. Honestly it starts when someone doesn't want the party to end. Or if the party ended too late and they've got to be at work in three hours or whatever. It starts just like any other substance use/abuse.

totally. Curiosity, not wanting the party to end, a sense of 'everything will be ok, how bad can it really be to do it ONCE'

I'd like to come up with a more PR happy word but I am sorry, I can't. If any of those are your reasons then you are a ****ing retard and should really off yourself to further advance the human race by just ending any possibility you have of reproducing.

are you talking to me? or addressing users of meth? Cause neither is ok....Drug use is catalyzed by a multitude of our systems, and individuals who use drugs shouldn't have to off themselves for making poor judgments regarding their own lives.

In short: you're rude as **** aren't you?!

edit: p.s. I also find social darwinism and pro suicide talk even less tasteful than us just talking about realistic reasons as to what might be going on for someone to start engaging in illicit drugs.

guy-punching-computer-screen-o.gif
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member

are you talking to me? or addressing users of meth? Cause neither is ok....Drug use is catalyzed by a multitude of our systems, and individuals who use drugs shouldn't have to off themselves for making poor judgments regarding their own lives.

In short: you're rude as **** aren't you?!

yep
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member

Just to clarify, I am not condoning the use of meth at all in my posts. Just stating realistically how use of it gets started. I've been there. It gets really ugly really fast. I am thankful I was able to get away from that lifestyle before it went too far.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Sadly, it doesn't just happen in rural America....one of my neighbor's from when I lived in my old apartments was big into Meth, and I live in the Memphis area. You could smell it from their apartment even with their door closed. The woman had bad Meth mouth and the guy went from weighing 250+ lbs to looking like he weighed 150 in less than 2 months. They would come and go at all hours of the day and night with old nasty looking McDonald's bags.

What is even worse, they had a little 4 year old girl who would run out of the house and out into the street all the time. A couple of times the little girl would get out of their house and walk over trying to get into ours. I witnessed bad sores all over her body one time, and the lady said it was due to allergies. Ended up reporting them to CPS, but not sure if anything ever came of it. We (hubby and I) moved out of that place the first chance we could.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    My SO grew up in a rural area (population several hundred) and we really want to buy a house there to live part of the year (its gorgeous: mountains, rivers, lakes, fishing...) But he is worried about the increase of meth making/addicts.

We live in Oakland, CA now which is known pretty well for its crime, so we're quite good at locking everything up and making sure nothing is easily accessible to druggies, but I'm not sure I want to own a house that could be easily broken into when we're not there because a meth head decides they want to steal our rocking chair...

I suggested putting up an 8 foot fence... I'd build it myself :P

I wouldn't worry about them stealing a rocking chair. I'd worry about them blowing up the house or turning the property into a toxic waste site. I knew some people whose vacation house was broken into and turned into a meth factory. The place had to be demolished because toxic waste clean-up would have been too expensive. That stuff is filthy.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Just throw it on the roof so the cops dont catch you and you will be fine.

:heart:

At least MB knows who that's from!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    I guess the good news is that even if these people are losing weight due to their (rather disgusting and repulsive) life choice of doing Meth... They are going the opposite direction of healthy. And since Healthy, rather than thin/skinny/slim, is my goal I can't complain. I will continue to work my body hard and they will continue to destroy theirs. In the end, I win. In the end, They'll die off much sooner.... and that might lead to a completely different discussion of natural selection lol. I will say that I hate being so close to it. I live less than a half hour away from the "meth capital of the world", and knowing I will someday have children-this scares me a bit.

Oftentimes doing drugs is more about having made a mistake and getting trapped in it, rather than a disgusting and repulsive life choice.

Agree 100%.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member

Why does anybody start something that turns into addiction? All smokers should off themselves, or alcoholics or food addicts? Try a little empathy for those that get caught up in that addiction. A lot of people who end up using have underlying psychological issues and may use to self medicate among other reasons, then it turns into a cycle and they become an addict. I find it really ignorant that you think people should "off themselves" because of the reason they started using.
  • A few years back I taught in a town not too far from where I live. The school was down from the prison. Always a fun place to be. The county, at that time, sold/produced the most meth PER CAPITA in the entire country. That's what happens in the middle of nowhere with too much time on your hands. Saw lots of sad, broken homes. So happy to have left that area.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I try not to judge what drugs people do even if that drug is meth

some 'drugs' can be fun once in a while :indifferent:

Yeah, um, this is not one of them.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Meth is SO bad in rural America.
    Did you know that some call it Jenny Crank an alternative to Jenny Craig? Yea I didn't either. NUTS.

Sadly in this area if someone is losing weight it is more likely a result of methamphetamine than it is hard work and dedication.

No point to this thread other than to complain.

This sounds awfully judgemental and preachy. Tell me again what other people are doing and how it affects you.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes
    a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.