5'2" success stories please

Options
Hi my name is Ashley and I've been on my journey for about a year. I have lost 104 pounds so far and still have a little over 50 to go. I unfortunately carry all of my weight in my stomach and feel like it's never going to go down. I eat about 850 calories a day and then burn about 3-350 per day at the gym I usually go 4-5 days a week. Can someone maybe share tips with me that they use(d) that "targeted" their stomach.

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    There is nothing that will "target" your stomach. It will go away with weight loss. You can add ab exercises, to strengthen your core, but it will not give you visible abs, until the overlying layer of fat is gone. Good luck. Just keep truckin'. Lol. ;)
  • LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm about half way to my goal so hopefully I'll be able to post eventually until then just in for motivation.
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 with about 45 to go, in the same boat, I'm in for the success stories :o)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Nothing target a specific area. You will lose weight wherever your body want. I would suggest you slowly start to up your calories and start strength training in order to preserve your lean mass.

Good luck
  • rathimani
    Options
    Hello, I am a fellow 5'2" MFpal too. My start weight is 150 and my goal is 120-115lbs. I just started last monday, and am so ready to lose this weight.

However, before my 2nd baby, my start weight was 165lbs and with a combination of cardio and 1200cal/day diet, I came down to 123lbs in 5months. It was an awesome feeling and 123lb looked gr8 on my frame. And then I got pregnant, and life had taken its own direction, and with an extremely clingy baby my exercise routine went kaput. Now, that she turned 2, I have put her in a daycare/preschool 3xweek and gives me just enough time to get some workout in :) I hope I can continue and reach my goal weight soon.

Anyone looking for a buddy, please don't mind just add me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!