Newbie to site & New Navy Mom--getting back on board!

Options
My oldest daughter suggested this site. I'm former WW with success--but regained it all...not in the budget to go back! Loving the food log, so easy to use. Love to cook--but prefer to use recipes with nutritional values. Old habits hard to break. Prefer to stay away from processed foods.

Any other Navy Moms out here?

My goal is to lose at least 20 by PIR (graduation) and 60 lbs by next summer!

Looking foward to the the support & to new recipe ideas!

Good luck everyone!

One day at a time--it took 1 lb at a time to accumulate--so here's to logging our food & to loosing the weight!

Tracy

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Navy mom but I'm a Navy wife! Best wishes to you! Go Navy! :flowerforyou:
  • AmeliasGrumma
    Options
    Thanks Ashley!

I'm very proud of this choice she's made--she just hit BC on Wednesday--so this concentrating on my diet keeps me sane! Not to mention will get me healthier! Just waiting for the "box" to arrive & for her PIR date!

I think that day will be a high calorie day--so I am trying to make my menu plan ahead for the week so I don't go over board!
    Sorry couldn't resist the PUN!
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    Hi Mom! :)

You can cheat sometimes, it's good for you mentally. And if you plan them ahead you won't feel as guilty cheating, as well as something to look forward to.

Have you checked out the recipe tool? You can add each of the ingredients for a favorite recipe and it will tell you the calories. I used it to find out how many calories are in Nana's Apple-Nut Bread.

We should totally have a little contest, like Biggest Loser. :)

Love ya!
  • AmeliasGrumma
    Options
    Hello my child,

No tattoo's! LOL I know--a little late for that! Your goals are realistic! Stick with them! Dad still grumpy with all the "DIET" foods--but I'm really not using processed foods--but I am buying Silk milk, & my yogurts, & LF Cheeses. Other then that--it's all from scratch!

So he may lose weight by default--because I'm not cooking like I used too! LOL

HUGS & KISSES to Amelia!
    MOM

Biggest Loser--Your on!