Advice on what i'm doing wrong please!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ghunter1
    ghunter1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just had a quick look through your diary, I wouldn't say it is at all accurate, I only went back a few days but on one day you had homemade chips and they are listed as having no carbs!

Are you not hungry all the time? You are not eating a lot and the foods you are eating are typically high sugar, high saturated fat and of low nutritious value. I'm afraid you really need to overhaul your diet to fuel your body and be healthy.

I'm guessing you are hungry, if you eat lots of wholegrains, fruit, veg, lean meat and drink lots of water you should never be hungry, of course allow your self the odd treat but you really need to be eating a lot more 'good food' that way you can stay with in your calorie allowance but you will honestly feel so much healthier.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Just had a quick look through your diary, I wouldn't say it is at all accurate, I only went back a few days but on one day you had homemade chips and they are listed as having no carbs!

Are you not hungry all the time? You are not eating a lot and the foods you are eating are typically high sugar, high saturated fat and of low nutritious value. I'm afraid you really need to overhaul your diet to fuel your body and be healthy.

I'm guessing you are hungry, if you eat lots of wholegrains, fruit, veg, lean meat and drink lots of water you should never be hungry, of course allow your self the odd treat but you really need to be eating a lot more 'good food' that way you can stay with in your calorie allowance but you will honestly feel so much healthier.

No, no, no.

Cut the grains and sugar.

Low carb (100 - 150g) lots of veggies and some fruit / high fat (and yes that includes saturated - after that's what were made of) and make protein your top priority.

Because when the weight comes of you want to lose body fat and not lean mass.

Get good at researching, don't just take one persons word for anything, look it up research things and make your own conclusions.

But for god sack ditch grain (it does nothing for you) - that's not strictly true - it is a cheap source of instant glucose (but that not great so are M&M's)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Agreed - do what this guy does!!!!

Eats well and exercises right. With this model you will get weight loss and it will be healthy weight loss.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Eats well and exercises right. With this model you will get weight loss and it will be healthy weight loss.

Totally agree that this is the way to go, especially as it does not call for the unnecessary elimination of certain foods.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Totally agree that this is the way to go, especially as it does not call for the unnecessary elimination of certain foods.

OMG there is so much bad advice in this thread. OP, all you need to do is read the above link. Don't listen to everyone telling you to cut out cake, ice cream, sugar. No. There is no need for that. As far as weight loss goes, all you need to do is eat at a calorie deficit. Also you don't need to eat 1200 calories in order to lose weight. Again, see above link.