My workouts need direction.

Options
I've been workout out for an entire semester without direction. I work whatever muscles aren't sore and I usually do 3 sets of 10 on whatever weight I can barely finish that on, on either free weights or the weight machines. I really need direction. I need something to follow so that my workouts are effective and I can really see progress. So... help? :flowerforyou:

I'm 5'4", 135lbs, eating 2000 calories a day. I don't really care about losing pounds if I can lower my Body Fat Percentage without doing so. I want to gain muscle and be strong and look it too.

I'm planning on doing strength training Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays with possible cardio Wednesdays (Wednesday is weigh-in and BFP test day, so cardio will depend on how that goes, lol) and a yoga class on Fridays.

So how do I divvy up muscle groups? What exercises are the best and easiest to do without messing up form? What should the layout of my workout be? Should I be lifting heavier with shorter sets?

Once I get some of these questions sorted out I should be able to put something together and get suggestions on it.

Replies