Costco Pizza!

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Ok, so today is my planned cheat day and I was craving pizza. So my daughter and I went shopping at Costco and we decided to share a slice. So, now that I'm home I checked Costco nutritional information and wow there are 804 calories in one slice. Thankfully I only ate half but man, I really didn't anticipate it being that high!

Oh well!!

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Ok, so today is my planned cheat day and I was craving pizza. So my daughter and I went shopping at Costco and we decided to share a slice. So, now that I'm home I checked Costco nutritional information and wow there are 804 calories in one slice. Thankfully I only ate half but man, I really didn't anticipate it being that high!

Oh well!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    804 in one slice. are you sure you read that right. If you did, I am in big trouble.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 1/6 of the pizza? If you ate one slice of pepperoni-it is 348. How many slices were in the pizza- If there were 6 slices in the whole pizza you ate the 800-if there were 12 you had over 300.
  • Mireille
    Options
    I went to a website that listed Costco's restaurant nutritional guide.
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-nutrition-information-for-items-in-the-costco-food-court.htm
    These slices are pretty big and I'm guessing it is about 1/6 whole a pizza.

It's horrible isn't it? :flowerforyou:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yes - 800 cals per slice is right. Terrible isn't it?? I learned the hard way too - I just gotta avoid pizza because I love cheese and bread - just too hard to eat just one slice, lol!!
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Last week I was so excited because our costco just got chicken wraps!!!! Woohoo! I had to email the company to get the nutrition for the healthy alternative...810 calories :sad: I should of had the pizza! luckily I only had half.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I heard that if you actually BLOT all of the fat/grease off the top of the pizza, it takes from 50 to 100 calories off per slice! Some of the pizza's that dont use good cheese usually have enough to SOAK the paper towel!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I love pizza
    I buy a TJ frozen pizza..a 1/3 of the pie in only 270 cals and it's a nice size slice
    I have it a few times per week

That costco pizza is evil :)

Kim
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this.

Friday's are Pizza/Movie night at our house. Think I'll have a salad instead. :noway:
  • Mireille
    Options
    It seems every item on the costco restaurant menu is evil!
    I knew it wasn't good for us but I have to admit I was a little shocked.
    It was really good tho and I'm extremely glad I didn't have soda with it.

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not on the cheese pizza right? Oh please say it ain't so!! I LUV Costco cheese pizza and the fudge bars dipped. But I digress... everything GOOD is BAD for you it seems.
  • Mireille
    Options
    Not on the cheese pizza right? Oh please say it ain't so!! I LUV Costco cheese pizza and the fudge bars dipped. But I digress... everything GOOD is BAD for you it seems.

It's the pepperoni slices that are that high. Can you imagine how high the bacon one is? :noway:
    I know, why can carrots have the same effect that high fats food have!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have pizza, I find it hard to log the calories b/c it's from our hometown pizzeria and I don't have an accurate idea. A lot of the database is for frozen and prepackaged ones!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I went to a website that listed Costco's restaurant nutritional guide.
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-nutrition-information-for-items-in-the-costco-food-court.htm
    These slices are pretty big and I'm guessing it is about 1/6 whole a pizza.

It's horrible isn't it? :flowerforyou:

costco slices are huge! They are like 3 slices in one! :laugh:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Okay so what is the best frozen pizza to eat? I love pizza and right now I have suplemented with the Lean Cuisine. They are really good but my family enjoys it too. For the record I am on WW and I need it to be low cal, low fat, high fiber. This might be a wish list but I would also like to be able to eat more than 1 teasing peice!!!

ANY IDEAS??????
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    OMG the last time I went to Costco I had 2 slices!!!!!!
  • MDnns
    MDnns Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm with you Shannon.

I just hung up the phone ordering pizza for the family. I have a chicken salad I'm going to eat and planned to have a slice of pizza too. I think I need to reconsider.

If I'm going to waste calories and blow the budget it'll be on something waaayyyyyy better than pizza. Chardonnay!!!
  • catwilliams27
    Options
    Find a cauliflower crust recipte. I saw one but haven't tried it yet. However, having indulged in my last piece of Cosco pizza for a while, i need to find it!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I'm curious- Did you google 'costco pizza calories' and find a 6-year-old post here that inspired you to register to post a response? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well, those slices are huge... This doesn't surprise me at all, actually.