Can you Intermittent Fast on a Reverse Diet?

Options
So I am reverse dieting and my "suppose to be" maintenance is exactly 2000 calories, but I am at 1900 right now and i realized that i've only gained about 4 lbs in the past month but i look considerably bigger and fatter (bigger wrists, bigger face, bloated stomach, and less definition in legs. So I am wondering if i should intermittent fast like with a 6 hour eating window to possibly stop anymore fat gain. But i dont know if Intermittent Fasting would kind of cancel out the purpose of reverse dieting, any tips or ideas? Thanks.

Replies

• WheezyFbb
    WheezyFbb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes, I bulk and do IF at the same time. Intermittent fasting is not going to miraculously make you lose weight, while it might improve some metabolic markers, at the end of the day weight loss (or gain) comes down to caloric intake. If you have a caloric surplus during your 6hr feed window, you will gain weight. IF just makes your life simpler as far as reducing meal frequency.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Do you happen to be weight training while reverse dieting? If not, probably the only thing you are going to gain is fat.

IF is great, I do it too. But like krytycal said, it's not going to be something that magically stops fat from showing up in a calorie surplus.
  • FailVibe
    Options
    As long as you make sure to get in the amount of calories you're supposed to then I'm sure you could make that work.