Question about setting up the app/my goals.

Options
I've been using the app for a month now but I think I've set it up wrong. My calorie goal for maintenance is 3000 and for weight loss, it's 2000-2400.

Obviously, I'm planning on losing weight. My question is: when setting up the app: should I set the goal (the GREEN NUMBER) to 3000 (maintenance) or 2400 (weight loss)?

I ask so I can get the best results from the app. Please help me, thanks!

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    The ticker on your profile indicates that you joined last month and you have already lost nearly half your goal. I would suggest just continuing doing what you're doing.

But if you really need an answer: "maintenance" means keeping your present weight. If your goal is to lose weight, set the app goal to the weight loss target. That seems so obvious, though, that I don't really understand why you're asking.
  • mauridaher
    mauridaher Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The ticker on your profile indicates that you joined last month and you have already lost nearly half your goal. I would suggest just continuing doing what you're doing.

But if you really need an answer: "maintenance" means keeping your present weight. If your goal is to lose weight, set the app goal to the weight loss target. That seems so obvious, though, that I don't really understand why you're asking.

I just recently had to increase my caloric intake, and had to set it up myself, unlike the first month when the app set it all up for me.

So I set the "green number" to 2200 and hope to reach zero everyday right?