Sophie's Choice: Bigger Boobs or Smaller Thighs?

Options
Hi fellow calorie-counting ladies!

I'm a 27 year-old woman who is currently trying to lose weight (bet you'd never have guessed!). I'm 5'4, medium bone structure, and trying to work my way down to 130ish (no less than 128) from 145. I'm curvy, and I generally like my curves, and it really frustrates me that whenever I lose weight my boobs seem to go first but my thighs NEVER want to leave. Does this happen to other women? If so, is there some way to focus more on thighs/ upper arms and less on boobage? I'd love to lose more weight, but past experience has taught me that if I go much lower than 130 my 34C-D's take flight.

Any help y'all could give would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ColoradoCountryGal
    Options
    I'm only 18 and my boobs went first, thighs still there. As far as I have been able to tell you can't really target where the fat comes off, which sucks. lol
  • TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    I'm no expert in this area (just a fan of both areas) but what if you worked and lost it on top at first, then lost it in the lower region too? If you allowed some to come back would it come back at the top?

If nothing else it's a nice thought.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be the wet blanket on this one, but yeah, you're going to have to pick one. If the boobs get bigger when you put on weight, then they're going to get smaller as you lose it. Every person is different as to where they store fat and lose fat, but you can't choose where you want to lose it and where you want to keep it. Fat seems to just fall off my limbs and back. But it takes an act of god to get it to leave my belly.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This thread needs a much better-thought out title. William Styron would not be pleased.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    SQUATS ALL DAMN DAY :devil:

prison squats, plie squats, squats with weights, squats with a ball between your knees.

Just keep squatting.
    Until all the squats are done.

I really feel you on the struggle if you can't tell.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have 34 D's and nice thighs, but if I had to choose, I'd rather have nice thighs and abs than big boobs. Boobs aren't that important to me. It's nice to have some, but I'd rather have an overall nicely toned body than be out of shape and have big ol' boobs. My husband agrees with me, so don't think men won't think you're attractive if your boobs shrink a little. Some won't like it, but others won't care. Don't worry about it and do what works for you. :drinker:
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.... sorry to be the one to say it :(

It sounds like you are pear shaped and when you lose weight, you will probably still be pear shaped. But you know what, that's perfectly fine! :) Everyone has parts they are self conscious about and parts they enjoy about their body. Focus on the parts you like and draw focus to that :)

Personally I am the bigger boobs and smaller thighs (I am inverted triangle shaped). You might think it'd be a good thing except empire waist dresses look HORRIBLE on me and make me look like I must be hiding something under there :( I tried on a cute dress a few weeks ago that made me instantly look like I gained back 50 lbs. I didn't think that was possible, but it happened! lol. I wanted to cry!! So the dress went back on the rack and instead I found a fitted shirt and skinny jeans :)

Just got to work with what you got and figure out how to flatter your body :)
  • malyce86
    Options
    Ok, thanks gals (and guys). I knew spot reducing seemed too good to be true :(