why am always hungry n thinking about food

Options
I've beeen watching my calorie intake n exercising, but I'm always hungry! is it that I'm so used to eating ALOT n my body has to get used to eating alot less?? any advice would be appreciated

Replies

• sandhusaab16
    Options
    lol i am same at times... :P

Well how i have controlled is that i have 5 meals per day instead of 3 heavy meals

which allows me to eat every 2-3 hours..
  • zunilove13
    Options
    I think ima try that, thanks for the advice
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Try logging everything and eating your goal. You haven't logged in days, and the two days I looked at when you did log you didn't hit your goal. Spread out your meals and eat filling but low calories foods (I get more full on vegetables than I do on snickers bars, not that I saw snickers on your diary, but you would on mine!).

Your goal calories is low for how much weight you have to lose. How did you come up with it?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Maybe try and up your protein?

Snack on fruit and veggies between meals to keep you full?

Drink lots of water?
  • vamred
    vamred Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    the body gives out signals when it feels it wants more vitamins/minerals. One generally mistakes it as hunger, you need to take nutritional supplements.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you're used to eating a lot then add more veggies and fruit like cantaloupe and watermelon.
  • ronimoore26
    Options
    I think it all depends on the kind of food you are eating. My last time trying to lose weight I was always hungry even though I was eating the goal amount of calories.

Now, I have to actually force myself to eat on schedule because I never feel hungry anymore. I eat three meals a day and two snacks.
    breakfast is eggs/omelets/sausage
    lunch is protein and veggies, 4 oz of protein (usually chicken or brisket) and 4 oz of veggies
    dinner is the same as lunch
    2 snacks a day, consists of 1.5 oz of either almonds, pistacchios, sunflower seed kernels, or a beef/cheese snack or just beef sticks.

The food gets delivered to me though and it's really easy I just heat it up. And it's delicious so I don't mind forcing myself to eat the calories when I'm not hungry. It's called personal trainer food. http://ptf.refr.cc/S8B2WP2 there's a short link to it. I love it, if you can.... give it a shot.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Maybe try and up your protein?

Snack on fruit and veggies between meals to keep you full?

Drink lots of water?

Yep, lots of times when you feel hungry, its really a matter of not enough hydration. So second on the getting enough water. Also like mentioned. protein and fat have more of a satiety effect than carbs, so good info given.