Gained 2lbs whilst doing exercise

Options
Hi,

Just wondering on people's thought on this one, I started my boxercise classes last week and they are high intensity and I am following my calorie intake and sugar intake correctly but I weighed myself this morning and it looks like I am up 2lbs, has anyone else experienced this someone told me that when you do exercise your muscle tightens and retains water and you can gain weight.
I have very muscular legs from years of doing exercise although I stopped doing all that exercise hence the weight gain but my legs have always remained like iron thats the only way I can describe how hard they feel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I drink 2 litres of water everyday also.

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's just the water thing, don't worry.
  • Trishsimon
    Options

Is there anything I can do to avoid this as I want the weight to go down not up. Thanks !
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Is there anything I can do to avoid this as I want the weight to go down not up. Thanks !

In a few weeks the water will flush.

This is why the scale isn't the "true" measure of success, the tape measure is.
  • Trishsimon
    Options

In a few weeks the water will flush.

This is why the scale isn't the "true" measure of success, the tape measure is.

Great thanks