Please help - Sculptress new diet

Options
natcjt
natcjt Posts: 6 Member
Hey everyone,

I am new to MFP and after major yo yo dieting of losing 3 stone and gaining 4 it is time to change not just physically but mentally!

I have 70 pounds to lose!!!

Someone please help!

I have always struggled with weight and so has my twin sister. I am great at losing it, but maintaining it my downfall.
I do quick fad diets, loose lots of weight and then go back to normal eating.

This time I am NOT doing this. Iv'e researched my butt off to find the best way to maintain weight loss and how to keep it off.

I am doing the sculptress diet!

I am having 2 shakes (morning and lunch) and healthy snack and healthy dinner. I am doing the gym 4 -5 times a week and I have just started interval training.

Has anyone else tried sculptress? Does it work?

Also does anyone else do interval training? What is the best diet to do along with this?

So many questions sorry!

I'd love to hear peoples thoughts and If anyone wants a motivational buddy please add me :)...I really need one!

Nat x

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am new to MFP and after major yo yo dieting of losing 3 stone and gaining 4 it is time to change not just physically but mentally!

Someone please help!

I have always struggled with weight and so has my twin sister. I am great at losing it, but maintaining it my downfall.

This time I am NOT doing this. Iv'e researched my butt off to find the best way to maintain weight loss and how to keep it off.

I am having 2 shakes (morning and lunch) and healthy snack and healthy dinner. I am doing the gym 4 -5 times a week and I have just started interval training.

Also does anyone else do interval training? What is the best diet to do along with this?

So many questions sorry!

I'd love to hear peoples thoughts and If anyone wants a motivational buddy please add me :)...I really need one!

Nat x

My advice would be to lose weight by changing your eating style and exercise (do some resistance training - start slow).

The MFP site is great for tracking you activity and food and you should use it to the max.

If your'e a yo yo dieter (stop the fad diets) and find something you can live with - long term.

I would suggest a low carb (that's low carb - not No carb) and high fat. Give protein the priority in this style of eating.

A good place to start would be the Primal Blueprint. Your not restricted to what food to eat - they don't preach. If you want to keep eating junk they will point out you won't get the results you want.

They will promote however eating healthy natural food.

If your vegetarian or vegan you may struggle with it though.

Good luck.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm confused you say you know Fad diets don't work because when you stop them you revert to your old habits. So my question would be why would you pick another one after you as you said spent lots of time researching them????

Stop wasting money and time on a quick fix program. You signed up for a great FREE tool to track your calories, use it! I know it's a big secret but you don't have to spend money or be miserable to lose weight you just have to keep your calories in less than your calories out (In a reasonable deficit)

Tennisdude give the primal stuff a rest. Thanks
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Okay I'm confused you say you know Fad diets don't work because when you stop them you revert to your old habits. So my question would be why would you pick another one after you as you said spent lots of time researching them????

Stop wasting money and time on a quick fix program. You signed up for a great FREE tool to track your calories, use it! I know it's a big secret but you don't have to spend money or be miserable to lose weight you just have to keep your calories in less than your calories out (In a reasonable deficit)

Tennisdude give the primal stuff a rest. Thanks

Never.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Someone please help!

So many questions sorry!

Nat x

The MFP site is great for tracking you activity and food and you should use it to the max.

If your'e a yo yo dieter (stop the fad diets) and find something you can live with - long term.

This is really good advice.

Some other really good advice can be found here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck on your journey.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I haven't researched this Sculptress diet but it sounds just like another "fad" diet.

I don't know...what I found that has worked best for me is just eating the foods that I enjoy...in moderation.

I have shakes on occasion...ones that I make myself...almond milk...fruit...sometimes a little peanut butter...I enjoy them...I couldn't live off of them...I like pizza and crackers too much.

People will tell you what you should do based on what they are doing. All I will say is that there are many healthy options out here that will allow you to eat enough food to satisfy your hunger and energy needs and still lose weight.

Seriously...I have pizza once a week...I still average losing 2lbs a week so far...
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    I haven't researched this Sculptress diet but it sounds just like another "fad" diet.

I don't know...what I found that has worked best for me is just eating the foods that I enjoy...in moderation.

I have shakes on occasion...ones that I make myself...almond milk...fruit...sometimes a little peanut butter...I enjoy them...I couldn't live off of them...I like pizza and crackers too much.

People will tell you what you should do based on what they are doing. All I will say is that there are many healthy options out here that will allow you to eat enough food to satisfy your hunger and energy needs and still lose weight.

Seriously...I have pizza once a week...I still average losing 2lbs a week so far...

There's nothing wrong with pizza once a week (as long as it's a BBQ sauce base - hmmm sweet). I have a glass of red wine once a day!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Someone please help!

So many questions sorry!

Nat x

This is really good advice.

Some other really good advice can be found here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck on your journey.

Someone on another thread sent me this link yesterday and I'll make the same comment to you that I made to them.

Should this guy be a role model? - Absolutely.

He's doing everything right - protein intake - resistance training.

Do what he does and you'll get great results.

Don't worry about getting bulky lifting heavy weights unless your eating more calories than your burning the result will be a super toned body (in the long term - it's not a quick journey, but it is a worth while one).
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    So you've finally seen the light and are through with fad diets! Well, except this one. THIS one is the answer!

OP please read the Sexypants link provided by mungowungo. Hopefully it will deter you from another round of yo-yo dieting and habits you don't plan on sustaining. If you bristle at my comments ask yourself this: what happens after you stop the meal replacement shakes?

Edit for typo