To heck with the scale. Advise!!?

Options
As of yesterday I was 4000 calories under my weekly goal. We went out to lunch and I had a chicken chinichanga, rice and beans. I didn't have anything the rest often day except supper. 4 oz grilled chicken, 4 oz mashed potties and broccoli. The scale showed 1.4 pound gain since yesterday. Really??? It had to be because I didn't drink much water yesterday!

Replies

• DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday I was 4000 calories under my weekly goal. We went out to lunch and I had a chicken chinichanga, rice and beans. I didn't have anything the rest often day except supper. 4 oz grilled chicken, 4 oz mashed potties and broccoli. The scale showed 1.4 pound gain since yesterday. Really??? It had to be because I didn't drink much water yesterday!

Weight can fluctuate a bit (I think 3-5 lbs) day to day, just from normal living. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The scale is evil, anyways. :D
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Weight loss (or gain) doesnt happen immediately. I'd guess that rise is from water retention due to sodium in the meal you ate.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week, not every day!

That scale will be up and down up and down - And drive you mad like it did to me!

Throw it out the window, take photos or get a tape measure/body fat % measured!
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week, not every day!

That scale will be up and down up and down - And drive you mad like it did to me!

Throw it out the window, take photos or get a tape measure/body fat % measured!

Agreed. Don't even put much thought into the weekly numbers either. I lose 6 pounds 1 week, gain 2 the next, lose 5, gain 3, etc. Focus on meeting your diet/exercise goals and look at your weight over the long term.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Scales are evil.

I wonder how much salt was in that chimichanga? One of the girls at work keeps wanting to go to this place up the street with stuffed pizza. It's got TONS of salt in it. I get bloated every time I have it....besides, it is SO NOT food journal friendly.

Relax, and wait a few days (and drink LOTS of water)....you'll be fine.