Want Success but Struggling

Options
I really want to lose excess pounds. I really want to stay focused on goals-even short-termed. I really want to stay within calories allotted. I really want to consistently track food so I am accountable for everything that I eat. I really want to resist foods that I enjoy eating but know I shouldn't. I really want to make better choices. But I struggle with all of this. I wish it wasn't so difficult. I am trying to focus on the positive and applaud my efforts for making good choices, but my weight is going in the wrong direction. Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead and just do it. You want a lot of things, but are you willing to put forth the effort to get them done?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose excess pounds. I really want to stay focused on goals-even short-termed. I really want to stay within calories allotted. I really want to consistently track food so I am accountable for everything that I eat. I really want to resist foods that I enjoy eating but know I shouldn't. I really want to make better choices. But I struggle with all of this. I wish it wasn't so difficult. I am trying to focus on the positive and applaud my efforts for making good choices, but my weight is going in the wrong direction. Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

If the weight is going the wrong way then you're not sticking to any of the things you mentioned. You might be underestimating - weigh and measure everything till you start seeing results. And why deprive yourself? Try to fit the things you enjoy into your calories and macros.

If you really want it that much then you will put in the work. Good luck with it.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Make eating right and exorcizing a habit. It takes about 2 weeks to develop a new habit so don't give up! Stick with it!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wake up each morning and give yourself two simple goals -
    1) I will eat within my calorie goals for the day
    2) I will exercise X minutes today

Log and weigh everything you eat. I have found the calorie credits that MFP provides to be high when compared to the calories burn numbers from an HRM or other sources. If you are using MFP calorie credits then try eating no more than 1/2 of your exercise calories.

Try not to be a slave to the scale. Focus on your behavioral goals. If you do those two things every day, the scale will move in the right direction.