Hi everyone!

Options
I am new to my fitness pal and would love to find some helpful tips and encouraging people. The week before thanksgiving I completely changed my eating habits and the first week of January I started working out 4-5 times a week. In November I was 212lbs. I am currently 196. I feel like that's a great accomplishment but I really haven't lost any weight for the past 3 weeks. I would love to make some friends on here and hear any tips or advice anyone has to stay on track and get past this road block!
-Danielle

Replies

• kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP!

You did a fantastic job! I started out at 215 and I'm down to 204 now - so you are doing wonderful!!

Unfortunately, we all hit a plateau, where you're body is toning your muscles and although it seems you're not losing, you're actually gaining muscle - which is great! I've read on here that you can notice the toning by measuring. I don't measure my body, but I hear it will show further accomplishment.

Do you change up your work outs? For example use different machines, or do different work outs. It sort of shocks your body rather than getting used to one routine.

I hope this helps some!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • Dnicholson4286
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement! My husband and I had the "you need to change your work out" talk last night. I was doing only cardio on the treadmill but this week I started dancing on our kinetic... (Kind of lame but it really gets me sweating) tonight I'm going to work out with our punching bag since that really works out your whole body. Today I ate more calories than I've been eating (and cheated a little). Hopefully this will get me moving again, I was so excited but this has kind of killed my hopes. I joined mfp hoping to keep the fire lit so I don't give up. Thanks for your reply, I sent you a friend request! :)