From Severely Obese to Ideal Weight

Options
Ok, I didn't want to get ahead of myself and did plan of posting when I reached my goal weight of 75kg (165lb), but my weight loss has stalled at 78.8kg, and I just can't wait any longer!

Quick Summary: I wasn't fat all my life, it was just in my 30s that I just blew up like a balloon, I didn't think any diet was possible, I thought my weight was just a part of me getting older, I had problems everyday from sleeping to walking, my feet suffered a lot, having to hold up all that weight, had high blood pressure, I had many health problems, and was at a high risk of diabetes, When I moved house, I had access to a scale and stepped on it for the first time, I was 122kg (268 Pounds), I officially started ldieting in August when I learn't how to count calories and found MFP, there. I was worried about turning 40 years old in only a few months, I was in no shape to be getting older. One month ago I turned 40, at a pleasant 83kg (182lb).

Today I'm at a even better weight of 78.8kg (173kg), life is so much better, I weight less than I've ever had in my adult like, I can work longer, I'm got much more energy, and now plan traveling with my self-esteem back.

I hope what I share here encourages other people to keep going, and you'll eventually get there in the end.

I hope what I share here encourages other people to keep going, and you'll eventually get there in the end.

f8cd93caeab5057ca8be505cff1f36ee.jpg

And one of the best things of being thinner, I got a huge new range of clothes I can wear!

db78c934e3d7bde8064923f9ad3cc6ed.jpg

Replies

• MsWashi32
    MsWashi32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look really good!
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I had issues trying to get the images up, I think they were too big, but now I know my effort is viewable. :bigsmile:
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All your had work payed off!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great Job !!!!
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So now you need to congratulate yourself with some new shirts that fit properly on that new fabulous bod.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    So now you need to congratulate yourself with some new shirts that fit properly on that new fabulous bod.
    I agree, I bet you look way skinnier in clothes that aren't so loose. Treat yourself to a nice vertical stripe button down!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fantastic difference, congrats to you...keep going, a plateau can be broken!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great job! I think you'd look even better with a smile though :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!