Weight is not consistant. Loss is not linear.

Options
d68d24a7-1f1e-4a7b-91e5-431ec2f41adc_zpsa9d1395b.png

The end.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Imagine that ♡♡ Mine looks just like that on my Libra app! Thanks for sharing to those who think the scale should never show a higher number than their lowest point. Just keep chugging!
  • scsoccer1617
    Options
    How often do you weighing yourself (daily, weekly, monthly)? What time of day do you weigh yourself?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    How often do you weighing yourself (daily, weekly, monthly)? What time of day do you weigh yourself?

About daily. I often skip days (or even weeks).

Also, this post was not a question or a problem. Just an illustration to show this is "normal" and should be expected. I'm fine with the daily fluctuations, and have no interest in switching to once a week or whatever.
  • lizfreakinm
    lizfreakinm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep!

521475_10151636449745200_1133158168_n.jpg
  • tanya203
    tanya203 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can't blame people for going a little nutty over 3+ month plateaus.

My body has been very "You shall not pass" with weight loss.

True nonetheless expecting instantaneous or easy results is just silly.
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yep!

521475_10151636449745200_1133158168_n.jpg

I love this pic. Accurate.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Are you trying to imply that if she just weighed herself properly all those numbers would majically fall onto a straight line????

Note for women to be aware of - you can see in that chart a really common pattern - you can see a month-by-month trend. Hormones have an effect on metabolism and weight loss and they obviously run on a cyclical pattern in women.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder.

...and here's a bump.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This is why I can't weigh myself every day. Those daily fluctuations make me crazy.

When I get "stuck" on a plateau, I take a good, hard look at myself and then admit that I haven't been logging every little thing I eat. Honesty and accountability...it's a *****. :wink:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

Are you trying to imply that if she just weighed herself properly all those numbers would majically fall onto a straight line????

Note for women to be aware of - you can see in that chart a really common pattern - you can see a month-by-month trend. Hormones have an effect on metabolism and weight loss and they obviously run on a cyclical pattern in women.

Oh, yeah, I weight in the mornings, naked, after going pee.

I actually don't weigh more during my period. It actually looks like I weight between them. Interesting.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I needed this reminder. :)
  • mrsroseblack
    mrsroseblack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    d68d24a7-1f1e-4a7b-91e5-431ec2f41adc_zpsa9d1395b.png

The end.

This is great!! What kind of app or program can I get to do this?
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    thank you for the reality check :flowerforyou:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

I just do it in microsoft excel. List dates and weights, insert a scatter plot, click on the data series and plot a trend line.
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I keep a daily weight tracker in excel, too. I do a line graph instead of a scatter plot and it's absolutely crazy how many ups and downs there are. I would not be able to hack being a daily weigher without my chart. It's the only way I can look back and see how much progress I've made.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I really like Trendweight.com and Hacker's Diet Online for showing trends. I use the Aria scale and have worked out some pretty cool ways to automate data collection and visualizing my data. Check out my blog: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/
    Weight loss is not linear. Get used to variation. Every process shows variability. Need to use data smoothing to separate signal from noise.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

I just do it in microsoft excel. List dates and weights, insert a scatter plot, click on the data series and plot a trend line.

Did the same thing and have a similar-looking graph (although I think a few more data points).

I always tell my clients to expect that their weight will look more like a ball bouncing down the stairs than a kid going down a slide.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :drinker: