Who do you want to see once you've made progress?

Options
I think we can all admit there is one person in our lives who on some level we kind of compete with or compare ourselves to. There is an awful woman in my life who I have to deal with and there is no way around it. She's done some terrible things to me and is very competative with me. The woman is my husband ex wife and I have to deal with her because of my two stepdaughters, one of which lives with my husand and I. In the last five years I have managed to avoid having to go to school functions with her because she lives in another state. My stepdaughter is in a play this spring and invited her mother. Normally I'd be stressing but I am feeling really motivated actually. I want to look better than her. Maybe thats shallow but she's been so awful to me that I want to look like a million bucks and for once feel confident around her. I want to go to the play and wear any outfit I want and I want to see her looking like the normal slob kabob she always looks like. Last time I saw her she was around the same size as me. Don't get me wrong, I am do this for ME but I'm not going to lie, the play is a huge motivator.

Is there anyone else who has that someone you want to kind of say "look at me now" to?

Replies

• Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    There's no shame in that game, girl! You will look fabulous. It keeps me motivated knowing I have a reunion with some old coworkers in 4 months. I want everyone to say how skinny I look! Can't wait.

When is the play?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think we can all admit there is one person in our lives who on some level we kind of compete with or compare ourselves to.

Just that chubby beotch in the mirror. She needs to GTFO and bring me back.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    There's no shame in that game, girl! You will look fabulous. It keeps me motivated knowing I have a reunion with some old coworkers in 4 months. I want everyone to say how skinny I look! Can't wait.

When is the play?

End of June
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    For me, this is not a super big thing. But I DO enjoy seeing old friends and especially former coworkers who knew me at my heaviest weight. Even if they don't comment, it's fun to see them staring now (100+ lb later)

I guess if I go down a lot lower than where I am now, I may be more thrilled by this...I dunno. I am 37 and currently the smallest I've been since age 15. But I don't really have anyone in my life who has judged or mistreated me in a major way due to weight.

Some of my friends have commented to me that "Wouldn't it be cool to see your ex husband?" but I'm just kinda like "wha? Why?" I have lost 70-ish lb since I got divorced. I guess because that is supposed to be some kind of "revenge" for many women and men after divorce? <<shrugs>> But while we were together we were both obese and I gained and lost a bit here and there and it really didn't affect him, he wasn't a very physical/sexual type of person and our marriage just kinda fizzled over the years without ever being that "hot" anyway so I don't think he would care one way or the other about my body at any weight or size...and I truly do not care what he thinks. I guess I'm just so past that stage/phase of my life, and so into my new life, that I couldn't care less :-)
  • Culrflur
    Options
    My mother or my sister.
    My mom has always been a little obsessed with losing weight, though she's not very overweight for her age. She's always been on some sort diet, whether it's just eating lots of salads and avoiding bread or buying Medifast, Jenny Craig, whatever. She's also very vain (she's very pretty & complimented a lot, so perhaps there's a reason for it) and this has really affected both my sister and I, especially as we were both little a pudgy growing up. I don't want to blame her for my own lack of self-confidence (I feel like a large part of it is also just being naturally shy and introverted) but at the same time I can clearly picture her giving the look. You know, THE LOOK, like, "should you really be eating that?" or trying to encourage me to join some of her programs, etc.

My younger sister got into sports when we were still in high school, used the treadmill at home to go running everyday at the crack of dawn. She worked really hard for her figure and I'm SO proud of her. She doesn't judge me in the same way as my mom, and is super encouraging when it comes to gym or trying on clothes (she's quite the fashionista herself).

I know both of them would be very proud and happy for me if I got down to a good weight and I would love to blow them away! It'd be an immediate shopping spree, haha.
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think we can all admit there is one person in our lives who on some level we kind of compete with or compare ourselves to.

Just that chubby beotch in the mirror. She needs to GTFO and bring me back.

^^ This. Only... my mirror-mate isn't just chubby. :laugh:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds childish, but I want to lose weight and bump into every single guy who made a comment on my weight once we broke up. Calling me fat after dating me/trying to sleep with me in no bueno.

I just wanna be a heartbreaker lol.

(and I wouldn't mind bumping into my mfp crush either lol).
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My football buddies. I'm an avid fan (my ticker shows which team), and my husband and I go to a bar where fans of all teams hang out. Since moving to LA, these folks have sort of become our family here. The downside is from February to September, we rarely see each other. They're all super supportive people, so my motivation's a bit different. The first game of the season, everyone shows up really early, and I'd love to show up smaller and fitter (perhaps in a new Brandon Marshall jersey)!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I dont want to see Jesus just yet. Everyone else is fine.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Girl, I agree... no shame in that game! It feels good to know someone from your past has been "wowed" by latest your accomplishments. Heck, I have a LONG list of peeps I'd love to bump into once I'm thin and hot! LOL Really though, it's about me and building my self-confidence. :wink:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I want to show my husband a fit me. He's never seen it, and has loved me for who I am for almost 20 years now. He's never judged my appearance or made me feel bad.

For revenge I'd LOOOVE to show off to my ex-boss. Nasty back-handed comments were her specialty. Which I would have blown off if she had been in shape herself. :huh: