Knee Injury - What form of exercise CAN I do?

I am pretty bummed out. I am about 8 lbs away from the my goal weight and right smack in the middle of Insanity. My knee has been bugging me a little this week (recovery week of insanity) but when I woke up this morning it was throbbing. I went to see an athletic doctor and he said he is 99% sure (without an MRI) I have a medial meniscus tear. I have to take it very easy for a week then go back to see him about possibly getting an MRI and scheduling surgery.

I am already very careful about what I eat so I know I can control that....but what I want to ask is if anyone has any ideas on what I CAN do physically. My body is reacting amazingly to Insanity, I am getting great results...I do NOT want to lose them. I have had knee problems for years so I don't blame Insanity for this injury like a lot of people, I understand the risks that is associated with this level of workout and I LOVE the workout - which is why I am so bummed.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have worked so hard and am scared it will all go down the drain!

Replies

• lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    I have severe arthritis in one knee ( bone on bone). I jog in chest deep water. Burns a lot of calories and doesn't hurt my knee. Plus it helps with flexibility in my knee. You should probably check with your doc to see if that would work for you.