Excuses

Options
I moved this weekend, and used it as an excuse to "not stay on a healthy eating plan". I feel really guilty about it and got everything ready so I couldn't use moving as an excuse. Does anyone have tips to getting back on track and staying there?

Replies

• wowza4536
    Options
    I havent had a relapse yet but im also only a week in >_> but id say try and remember what motivated you in the first place. Dont let go of it and remember why your doing this to begin with. I think about it everyday!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
  • kelseysmommy
    Options
    Every day is a new day to make healthy choices. I had a set back this weekend, lots of eating out including a Mexican Buffett (oh gasp the horror! :devil: ) But I had to make the choice this morning to get back on track. I can't do anything about grazing at a party yesterday or the Japanese we ate Friday night but I can make better choices from here on out.

It really has got to be a life style change, I consider it a learning curve. I am still trying to learn what to order when we go out, what to make that my husband will eat and won't kill my calories and how to motivate myself to get off the couch and just go work out, even if its just for 10-15 minutes. Once they become part of my subconscious it won't be so hard I hope but there will still be days when we eat out. My new goal is to only eat half of what I order and save the rest for later! Saves money too!

Bottom line is don't beat your self up, moving is stressful and that will weaken your good decision making. I'm sure you didn't say "hey let me muck up my progress with McDonalds or pizza or whatever you chose to eat" it was probably more that's easy, I'm tired lets eat this...You are great and you can do it! Make tomorrow a new day!

:flowerforyou:
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Commit yourself. Its all in your head. You just have to be committed. Your the one who makes the excuses, if you want to stay on track then dont make excuses, my three fave words are JUST DO IT !! Motivation is great but it comes and goes, commitment is whats important and your the only one who can control it. :):):) Good luck!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Someone told me this analogy recently:

If you get pulled over at 8 AM for speeding in a School Zone, would you drive away and spend the rest of the day breaking every traffic law on the books? Or, would you be more careful, observing EVERY traffic law you know?

So, if you ate badly and/or didn't exercise today, start tomorrow being careful and obeying the Nutrition and Fitness Guidelines that you know will get you safely to your destination~~A long, healthy life with your Family.