Low cardio day?

WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I heard someone mention it once and I am curious.

I normally walk either pushing the stroller or on my own. I live in the country and if I walk alone I can burn 50+ calories just by walking to the neighbors house. Today I went with the kids and it took me 3x's longer to get the 50 calories in. I walked about 4 miles today and only burned 232 calories. I also noticed that I had a hard time keeping my HR within my range. It was weird. Maybe it was because I had the kids and I walked a bit slower but at times I thought I was keeping a good pace.

Are there days like this when you just can't get to your optimal HR? I know other times I don't even try and my HR hits the 130's and today I was lucky to hit 120

Could it be a low cardio day or just the kids dragging me down?

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    I heard someone mention it once and I am curious.

I normally walk either pushing the stroller or on my own. I live in the country and if I walk alone I can burn 50+ calories just by walking to the neighbors house. Today I went with the kids and it took me 3x's longer to get the 50 calories in. I walked about 4 miles today and only burned 232 calories. I also noticed that I had a hard time keeping my HR within my range. It was weird. Maybe it was because I had the kids and I walked a bit slower but at times I thought I was keeping a good pace.

Are there days like this when you just can't get to your optimal HR? I know other times I don't even try and my HR hits the 130's and today I was lucky to hit 120

Could it be a low cardio day or just the kids dragging me down?

The fitter you get, the slower your heartrate is to rise. This is why somebody may be virtually crawling to the finish line during a run if they have only just starting training than someboyd who has been running for quite a while.

You may find you will need to move faster to raise your heartbeat. You most likely were keeping a good pace, but now you are slightly fitter than you were and it is going to take more effort on your part to get your heartrate up to the 130bpm.

Before you think "oh no!" - it is positive, it means you will be able to do more and at a faster pace than before. Your exercise plan is beginning to pay off :flowerforyou:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Awesome! I may be able to do more but on days like today where I am feeling lazy doing more just doesn't sound that wonderful...lol.

Thanks for the help. I noticed it last night too when doing the Wii. I was doing more upper body so I didn't expect my HR to get super high but it never stays in the low 100's long and last night it hovered there every time I slowed down a bit.
This discussion has been closed.