Overeating

Options
I moved into maintenance 2 weeks ago, but ever since then ive been overeating. its like when i eat more, i tend to want to eat more ythan i should do. im scared im going to be way above what my goal weight was and ill be fat again :(

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    There's no answer other than to keep logging and sticking to your goals.

Have you changed WHAT you eat so that there are foods that trigger you to splurge? I find eating things that are too sweet make me want more sugar. But moderately sweet - ice cream and nuts, for example - or fruit don't. I can eat a little and be really satisifed.

Think about your triggers and avoid them.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    What was your calorie limit before you transitioned to maintenance and what is it now? Are you/were you eating back exercise calories? What kind of exercise do you do?

Age/height/weight?
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I got to my maintenance range this summer and did the same thing. I went into denial, lost motivation and stopped weighing myself. I'm now back in weightloss mode after bouncing back up 10 pounds!

I do well with structure and goals. My plan for when I hit my goal this time is to weigh daily, keep logging, and maintain a 5 lb window around my goal weight.

Keep us posted on what works for you!
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    what you are eating also plays a role - that extra 300 cals? prolly shouldn't all come from desserts. think about making a macro plan for yourself; know which foods fill you up, and which ones give you the everlasting munchies (that would be sugary carbs for me). you'll find your balance...

good luck!
  • mshippiequeen
    mshippiequeen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    the good news is, you know you are doing it! so now stop :)

remember where you came from and how much you had to work to get where you are now.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I went into maintenance about 6 weeks ago and am doing everything just as I have been doing all along--weighing food, logging calories in & exercise, staying conscious of what I eat. The only thing I have changed is my calorie allowance because I have still been losing weight.