New Mom

Options
Hey everyone!!! Any other moms on here breastfeeding? IF so how do you add that in, I've read that it burns like 500-600 calories a day, but not sure if there is a place to enter it on my reports?? Any ideas?

Replies

• jennmccutcheon
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Any other moms on here breastfeeding? IF so how do you add that in, I've read that it burns like 500-600 calories a day, but not sure if there is a place to enter it on my reports?? Any ideas?
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jenn...
    I don't think that you can enter breastfeeding. I think that has to do with your basal metabolic rate, and that is just the amount of calories you burn when you are at a standstill. Breastfeeding brobably burns more calories than say, lying on the couch, but as far as it being an exercise, you're probably outta luck. I do know from experience that breastfeeding basically speeds up your metabolism because it is using lots of your fat and nutrients for the milk and the baby, instead of storing the fat on your body.
    Hope this helps! Congratulations on the little one and welcome to MFP!
    Jenn (cardgrl)
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you might try to find another website that tells how much exactly it burns for how long, and then come back and "enter an exercise not listed" That's what I would do!