Can I eat whatever I want if I stay under my calorie goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    to some extent yes.

The issue is if "whatever you want" winds up being all carbs- you're going to have a hard time functioning- this is why we say- if you hit your macro's who cares what it is.

So get your macro's straightened out- ball park hitting your protein/carbs/fat- and keep at your calorie goal and it's win win.

^^ Exactly what he said.
  • shelbys222
    shelbys222 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Good to know (:
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    YES YES A BIIGGG YES!
  • mauridaher
    mauridaher Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think that's the while idea behind "If It Fits Your Macros" (I guess it's a thing now). I've heard it works, I do that from time to time, but it's certainly not good to abuse it.

Of course, you need to distribute your daily intakes of protein, carbs and fat, and if you eat a whole Ultra Triple Xtreme Whopper, that's 80% carbs, 20% proteins and fat, and that's no good.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Technically, the answer is yes.

Realistically, the healthier you eat, the more food you can have, and the better your weight loss journey will be. You can have 3-4 giant snickers bars, or you can have a ton of healthy lean proteins, veggies, fruits, reasonable carbs, etc. and effectively eat more food all day.

Like has been said, it's all about eating less than you burn. Fitbit's can sync with MFP and you can go to the website and get a chart of how much you ate vs. how much you burned. As long as the burn line is over the eat line, you're going to lose.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    to some extent yes.

The issue is if "whatever you want" winds up being all carbs- you're going to have a hard time functioning- this is why we say- if you hit your macro's who cares what it is.

So get your macro's straightened out- ball park hitting your protein/carbs/fat- and keep at your calorie goal and it's win win.

^^^ Agree,
    And you will most likelly see better results if you eat whole foods instead of processed crap, and feel better in general

I saw the same results no matter what I ate. The difference is veggies and lean meats and the like tend to allow you to eat more, thus feel fuller longer for the same number of calories. In terms of weight loss it won't make any difference as long as your calories are in line.

yes- which is why the answer is YES. But if you're macro 'wheel' only has 1 spoke instead of 2 or 3- it becomes difficult to maintain. And for people who already have issues with food- understanding how to properly balance your macros and find what WORKS FOR YOU is important.

Understanding the fundamentals- I feel full longer when I eat X and Y will help you hit that calorie goal. If I'm all fat and carbs- guess what I over eat- I'm moody- I'm weak and I have poor cognitive skills. These things are important. Will I still lose weight? sure- but I'm a shade of myself- I'm not so functional and in turn- I'm more likely to over eat.

It's important to know that. just because you do doesn't mean that other people don't.