Pregnancy Exercises

Options
Anyone have any good suggestions? I am trying to stay healthy while pregnant, I am about 8 weeks along. This is my second child and I did pretty good with my first, only gained 23 pounds, but with this one I am already gaining the weight and a lot faster. I don't want to "diet" but I do what to eat healthy. But I find myself hungry all the time.

ANY suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my daughter I took a prenatal water exercise class at my gym. I loved it.

If you have a gym membership, there's usually a prenatal class to be taken. Other than that, walking is great exercise!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Exercise is soooo good for you when you're pregnant, because it keeps you healthy (as you mentioned) and it keeps you flexible and strong to aid in the delivery process.

I did Tae Kwon Do, until I was about 6 months pregnant (no sparring) and loved it! My TKD instructor trained up to the day before she had her little one, which included push ups.

Use common sense, but you can do most exercises while pregnant. Just make sure you safeguard your belly and don't put yourself in a position where you'd get hit or drop something (barbell, weights) on your belly. Which is not to say that you can't weight lift, for example, while pregnant. Women can definitely do it. I'm just saying make sure with whatever exercises you choose that you take extra precautions while doing them.