Patience/Committment with Weightloss Are Key

Options
First three weeks of January I ate so healthy and no alcohol. Fourth week had a little fun with my food and three nights x three "drinks" each night. Seems to have undone everything. : ( I am happier with my overall body image but am wanting to get even leaner and the simple truth is I need to stay committed. Gotta be patient, as I'll only lose a pound or two a week. Will be worth it in the long run. Been eating healthy this month. No more fooling around with food and yummy drinks!

Replies

• brock_west_houston
    Options
    I do like red wine. Any thoughts? One glass a week okay? How much does alcohol affect your weight loss, especially if you're eating very little carbs?
  • brock_west_houston
    Options
    Today I really wanted a Homestyle Chicken Filet sandwhich from Luby's. Because I had a coupon after all, that if I bought a small fries and drink I would get the sandwhich for free. Well, I managed to resist. Yeah!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I do like red wine. Any thoughts? One glass a week okay? How much does alcohol affect your weight loss, especially if you're eating very little carbs?

Alcohol has calories just like anything else. Log it, you'll see from your numbers if you have room for it or not. To lose weight you need to eat less calories than you burn. That's it. The source of the calories plays no part in that equation.

If your goal is to eat healthier foods or quit drinking alcohol, then that's a different and personal story :)