feel so hungry even tho i eat every few hours

Options
my calorie recommendation is 1590 calories to lose 1 pound a week. I eat all day yet near nighttime feel so hungry and keep thinking about sweets and cakes and pizza....pretty much all bad foods. is this normal? please any advice thanks :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I tried the "eat a little bit every few hours" thing. All it did was make me obsess over food, and always feel just a little hungry.

My calorie goal is 1600-1800. I eat two good sized meals a day and it keeps me happy. I eat half my calories about two or three hours after I wake up, the other half 6-8 hours later. It works for me, and eating 700 calories three or four hours before bed is good, then I'm full and happy at night instead of looking for snacks - which I used to always do when I never felt full. Feeling full is huge for me.

Little tiny meals piss me off. :laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You might be a good candidate to try intermittent fasting. The basic concept is you eat all your meals within a limited window of time. This allows you to eat much bigger, more satisfying meals with your calorie allowance, and eat the bulk of your calories in the evening if you choose. Most people that practice it skip breakfast.

Multiple small meals a day doesn't work for me. I find myself hungry all day when I do that. A couple big meals curbs my appetite much, much better. There's no legitimacy to *having* to eat every few hours if it doesn't work to satiate your hunger.
  • mychanges83
    mychanges83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thank you very much guys:smile:
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I know - I get the "evening eats" syndrome too.

2 things:

Make sure you have protein with every "mini mean".

Increase your fiber intake. I usually have chocolite protein bars (www.healthsmartfoods.com) - one of them has about 10g protein and 10 g fiber.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I also only eat two times a day. 600 -700 at lunch and then 1300-1500 at 7-8 oclock. if i eat breakfast i always go over by 500 or more calories. Good luck:)
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Good luck OP with whatever you decide to do.

There .. better ?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    *shakes head .. I think you need to hang around here more until you get some good suggestions .. the ones so far well are just lacking*

Good luck OP with whatever you decide to do.

Well then, why don't you add to the conversation? Your post is pretty vague about what you feel is *just lacking*.
  • NancieFeatherston
    NancieFeatherston Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Late night snacking is a real thing for me... so I just save up some calories so I can eat... I don't eat all of my calories back but my net is anywhere from where its suppose to be or less most days ( which isn't recommended). It has helped a lot to drink hot drinks in the evening which does fill you up as well, and I distract myself with reading, the computer, whatever works that day. I also plan what I want, put in the computer and see where it leaves me. If its too much I can delete and correct the intake and know I am not screwing up by eating too much. I have learned that not all days are created equal, and I keep my metabolism guessing. Sometimes I just go to bed early.