entering cheeseburgers on diary

Options
i can enter the grilled cheeseburger (mine was not grilled, too cold so i pan fryed it...maybe it doens't count?) or Home-american cheeseburger, the grilled is 480 calories, the other is like 280...

my question is what is the difference? the only on i see is the weight grilled has a 1/4 lb option, the other has a 114 G (grams) option.

i guess i'll go with the other since i didn't grill it...and cause its less calories right

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Usually with meats I'll weigh it raw first. I'll weigh just about all of my components for a meal raw before doing any cooking. Then I add them into the log as separate entries. If you want to be accurate I think this is the way to go, but just keep in mind it's more time consuming.

Eating ain't easy.
  • Michiiba
    Options
    I don't pay any attention to how my meat is cooked and just enter the raw calories based off of weight.
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    Options
    i dont have a scale...

lol oh well
  • Michiiba
    Options
    You can get a digital cooking scale at wal-mart or any other box store for about $10, it's well worth the money.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think pan frying it would result in more calories than grilling it. When grilling, the fat melts off and drips away. Then frying, it sort of just sits in it....
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    Options
    i dont know which cheeseburger option to enter...oh well
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If I'm stuck between two options, I usually enter the higher calorie option to be safe. I'd rather overestimate than underestimate.