Eating 4100 calories a day

Options

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    a couple of 10-banana smoothies and you're half way there :)
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    500+ calories of beer a day helps.

Thats what I'm talking' about!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I get this.

And doing it one day isn't that tough...it's doing it every day for a period of time. I've actually gotten tired of eating.

Now someone remind me of this when I'm complaining about the next couple of months of cutting. *shudder*
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

And doing it one day isn't that tough...it's doing it every day for a period of time. I've actually gotten tired of eating.

Exactly. It's always funny when people on here who are regularly consuming 1200-2200 Calories a day make remarks about "oh that must be nice" or "thats easy, just eat 9 shakes!". They simply have no idea. Eating 4500 Calories in one day is easy. But the next day, you are bloated and full and your digestive system is stalled. 60 days later, and it's beyond annoying to eat that much.

And when that 4500 Calories consists of 350g protein...it's not so easy as it sounds.
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options

Exactly. It's always funny when people on here who are regularly consuming 1200-2200 Calories a day make remarks about "oh that must be nice" or "thats easy, just eat 9 shakes!". They simply have no idea. Eating 4500 Calories in one day is easy. But the next day, you are bloated and full and your digestive system is stalled. 60 days later, and it's beyond annoying to eat that much.

And when that 4500 Calories consists of 350g protein...it's not so easy as it sounds.

All of this is so true
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I know from watching how hard it is. My husband went through this for a few months. He just couldn't keep going. I put butter in everything, bought high calorie strawberry boost drinks. He ate handfuls of nuts and potato chips daily. I think it might get easier if you stick with it over time, (just like it's easier for me to eat less if I keep at it for a while). Eventually you shouldn't then feel so full all the time. All I can offer is w2go! And keep at it.:flowerforyou:

It's actually harder.

it's easier to spike one or two times a week- you're body finds that equilibrium most of the time- but when you are eating at surplus for months- and one with that much food- it's a chore- there is no pleasure in eating.

the first meal of the day- sure- but there is a point when you get home and you realize you are not just 1 or 200 short- but like several hundred? It's just nauseating.
    I'm no where near that- I float around 2500 with my eat back calories- and I'm pushing through to try and hit 2500 and then eat back- so closer to 3000- and I'm like- holy crap when am I even going to find TIME to eat all that food. I can't wait to till I start maintenance or cutting.

Plus none of my fricking clothes fit. <sad panda face>
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    At least 1/3 of my calories I drink. That helps a lot
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    it's easier to spike one or two times a week- you're body finds that equilibrium most of the time- but when you are eating at surplus for months- and one with that much food- it's a chore- there is no pleasure in eating.

Another reason why I like the MFP method instead of TDEE.

It gives you a break. Some days I only have to eat 3060 calories (non-exercise days). After eating 3700 yesterday, it was easy to eat 3060 today, even not being that hungry.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I agree with Bita...I would have no problem eating 4100 calories a day.

Its one thing to do it here and there every now and then, quite another to do it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I know from watching how hard it is. My husband went through this for a few months. He just couldn't keep going. I put butter in everything, bought high calorie strawberry boost drinks. He ate handfuls of nuts and potato chips daily. I think it might get easier if you stick with it over time, (just like it's easier for me to eat less if I keep at it for a while). Eventually you shouldn't then feel so full all the time. All I can offer is w2go! And keep at it.:flowerforyou:

It's actually harder.

the first meal of the day- sure- but there is a point when you get home and you realize you are not just 1 or 200 short- but like several hundred? It's just nauseating.
    I'm no where near that- I float around 2500 with my eat back calories- and I'm pushing through to try and hit 2500 and then eat back- so closer to 3000- and I'm like- holy crap when am I even going to find TIME to eat all that food. I can't wait to till I start maintenance or cutting.

Plus none of my fricking clothes fit. <sad panda face>

Its alot harder them most people think. I'm really struggling with my bulk currently, trying for 3500 cal/day, most days its just over 3000 and not gaining, finally got 2lbs in 2 months!!! yeah its that bad, last weekend caught a bad stomach virus, lost 4lbs!!!! I felt like crying hahaha,

I also work nights, and trying to eat all the time, makes it difficult, and I eat when i'm not even that hungry for the most part, but I don't have a choice!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    You guys are kidding right? Its so easy, typical food off the top of my head:

Breakfast: 3-4 eggs fried in butter or omlette with cheese for more calories and sauteed veggies, 10 slices of bacon or 3 sausages: 1000+++ cals

Lunch: double or triple burger at any joint with cheese, fries, and a juice instead of a soda (you can drink a soda alone for 1,500 cals if you really think you need more cals) and you are at 1,500++ cals for this meal

Dinner: Half a bag of raviolis plus sauce and heavy cheese and thats 1,200-2,400 cals
    One single protien shake with greek yogurt for 400 cals and you got all 4,100 cals (or more) plus pretty much all the protein you need, and you only had 3 meals! Start eating like that and just staying at 4100 is a problem if you add any snacks.

I don't get how 4,100 can be hard unless you are eating "clean", I'd love to eat like this continually (I did for a while, thats how I got fat). So many options for variety, replace any meal with half a pizza, or 24oz steak with baked potatos and butter or a whole chicken with salad and blue cheese dressing and avacado, or barbecued pork with lots of sauce or breaded pork loins with cheese topping, heck go to Applebees or similar restaurant and get over 2-3,000 cals in one meal!, Olive garden's never ending pasta bowl goes over 3k cal easy, any buffet...etc etc etc...now I'm hungry :|
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It gets a bit much

Sometimes fast foods are the way forward if you have hit all your micro nutrients and fiber goals
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    OK when I first saw this I was going to say "that's the opposite of a problem", but actually thinking about when I have a total blow out day, it'll go somewhere between 2,500 - 4,000 calories, and I know how that makes me feel the next day. I can't imagine getting up and doing it again and again, and again.

Must be expensive too!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Problem? Whaaaat??????:noway:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I understand that it must be hard to eat that many calories. It also make me sad to be a 4'11" lady, my TDEE is so low even with a muscular body that losing weight is a long and frustrating process
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Carbonara - my half portion is 1600 cals. Full portion + some chicken (for your macros =D) then a tub of Ben and Jerry's - sorry, then you'd be over with nothing left for lunch or breakfast.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You just need to eat at The Cheesecake Factory more often!
  • eliqball
    eliqball Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Whole milk or ice cream can provide a ton of empty calories without messing with your macros
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I was just about to say whole milk.

Two pints of whole milk would give you 738 cals and 36g of protein. Add a couple of scoops of protein powder to that and you've hit 1000 cals and a tonne of protein in a drink.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I could do it. No problem.