What setting do you find works...

Options
best for you? I'm trying to decide whether to shoot for the 1, 1.5, or 2 pounds a week. Just wondered if people went with the recommended 1 pound or if it works to try for more.

Replies

• slimmingsiobhan
    Options
    I started on the 2lb mark, but as I'm a mum full time to a 7month old and am awake from 5am through til 11pm I figured I'd go for 1.5lb a week which allowed me an extra 2-300 calories a day - I guess it's all relative, try the 2lb mark for a few days & see how you manage on the calories it allows you and if you struggle, amend the settings until you feel you can manage :) xx
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I agree with slimmimgsiobhan, I have just set mine to "sedentary" instead of "lightly active" which has dropped me to 1200 calories a day..... this is a projection of 1.8lbs a week.

I am just going to monitor it and reset it back if I struggle with the calories.... there is absolutely no point in setting a goal that is too difficult to achieve and makes you give up! :noway:
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Everyone sheds weight differently.

If you have lots to lose or a small amount then the pounds will shed off quickly at the start, and then your body starts to adjust to the new healthy regime and you'll start to shed a little less, hence the recommended 1 pound a week.

I've put mine as 1 pound a week and most of the time I don't even lose that 1 pound but 0.5 or 0.4 BUT the weight stays off which is the main thing.

Losing slower is better in the long run than shedding lots and fast as the weight will come back as quickly as you lose it.
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I agree... I had mine at 2 lbs and lightly active.... but wasn't making it. So... I changed it to sedentary.... becausein reality i am probably between active and sedentary... getting more active all the time..... and then I shoot for aobut 3/4 of the cals I am allowed... but experiment and see what works for you. good luck.
  • TinkerLuv
    Options
    Thanks, wlll try...I agree, everyone does lose weight differently. Best regards!
  • starstealing
    Options
    x100000000 what balfonso said.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I set mine at 1 pound originally since that is my goal. I set it for sedentary because I will get busy later this fall. However I was having trouble being sure that I was headed in the right direction so I reset it to 1.5. I feel that gives me some leeway if exercise is over estimated or food under estimated. It has worked well. I do not want to work this hard and have all my work undone by losing too fast and gaining it back. Or risk having my body go into survival mode and fight against me. I am trying to find a long-term way I can live with for the next year and if I can do that I can keep it off.
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose, but I set mine to 1 pound a week... the main reason being that I don't want to start out with only 1200-1300 calories and then have nowhere to go if weight loss slows.

Also, I like having the higher number of calories available-- doesn't mean I need to eat them all every day. Some days I do, some days I don't.

Maybe it's because of having so much to lose, but at the 1 pound a week level, with no exercise at all yet, I've actually dropped 11 pounds in 3 weeks. Again, though, I switch up my calorie intake, and I think that helps keep things moving.