Please help me I am STUCK and cant loose weight

2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ will give you a reasonable goal to reach. You can still cycle calories as long as you eat that much in average.

Also make sure you weigh everything you eat, so you know you're not overeating (or undereating I guess).
  • maj1958
    maj1958 Posts: 16 Member
    I feel your pain. I too have huge problems losing weight no matter what I do. The bottom Line is your body is going to do what your body is going to do. You should be proud of the hard work you have done and how your efforts have paid off in good health. You can obsess about weighing food and counting calories but that can really bring you down. You may never hit your ideal weight. So what? If you are fit and healthy , that is what matters. That said, try adding some interval training and super sets to your workouts and add some protein to your diet and see what happens. Enjoy the body you live in!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,912 Member
    Don't use an HRM to track your lifting calories. It will overestimate them since it's counting heart rate and it's easy to get the heart rate up on some decent intensity lifting. Anaerobic exercise doesn't utilize the same caloric burn pathway as aerobic exercise.

Don't have too high a deficit. That will reduce your resting metabolic rate and that's when you burn the most fat...................at rest. Find your TDEE and eat 500 calories less from it .

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I think you're in danger of being overly precise about your calorie goals- calorie cycling is fine, but aiming for a really specific figure like 1753 is just not possible. No matter how precisely you weigh your food, there's a limit to how accurate you can be.
  • Super helpful post! I think I am not eating enough. You are eating far more calories than I am and working out far less...and loosing weight! I am just going to copy you. Your size right now seems like it would be pretty ideal for me...but I'll see when I get there I guess ; ) I am about an 8/10 now but size 6 in dresses. Thank you so much for your help!!!
  • My TDEE is 2961 so I've been eating about half of that.
  • on the days when the number is goofy I usually just aim for 1750 or 1440 and will eat within 10 calories of that. I eat a lot of whole foods so a lot of time it comes down to like -ok 5 more grapes is cool, 6 is fine, 7 is too much. Written down it sounds crazy-but I find weighing all my foods incredibly easy.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I don't eat back my work out calories. I've seen a lot of posts saying you SHOULD NOT and ones saying you SHOULD! I went with should not. Feel like if you burn it and then eat it then it was for nothing. Love to hear your thoughts : )

Also-what does exercising less look like? How many calories should I aim for to remain with the calories I am at? Or how many calories should i eat?
    Well, considering your diary reflects you are exercising a few hours a day, exercising less means limiting yourself to maybe an hour per day, which could include a half hour of weights and a half hour of cardio.

You need to eat your exercise calories back because the number to lose weight provided by MFP already has your deficit built in. You are netting very low calories with that much exercise.

Normally when a person has stopped losing weight, I suspect that they are miscalculating their food, but with such a large difference between the food you eat and how much you exercise, I suspect your body is reacting to improper fueling. I could be wrong about this, but most of your days have have a lot of calories left over to eat.

If you are using a heart rate monitor and it is calibrated correctly, and you use it for your steady state cardio, you are probably safe to eat most of those calories back.

Weight loss is not linear either, and weight tends to fluctuate by a few pounds.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I am not exactly clear as to what you were saying. I know as we age our calorie needs decrease. However I am 28 and my metabolism functions at a very normal level for my size. I am larger than most girls (5'10) so for me 1200 calories without working out is basically starvation (going to bed early, stomach rumbling loudly, etc) .
    I am not sure our calories needs always decrease as we age, but depends a lot on our workouts or what we physically do. I am 52, 5 ft 41/2, and as of today 144 pounds, and I exercise five days a week with both cardio and heavy weights, and I eat between 2,000 to 2,100 calories, and I am having trouble maintaining. By this I mean that I am still slowly losing weight. So, I guess it's more food for me.

Your are on the right track because you realize 1200 would be eating too little.