If money wasn't an issue, which countries would you visit?

Options

Replies

• Trishsimon
    Options
    I live in Dublin, Ireland so somewhere that doesn't rain 9 months of the year on my list is :

USA, Hawaii, Africa, some parts of the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Poland.
    I've no interest in places like China, Vietnam, Romania, Germany or any countries that eat cats, dogs or horse meat or any countries that have a low standard of animal welfare and human rights they wouldnt even get on my list.
    You have to make a stand for what you believe in and for me that would be not giving my money to those said countries.

So come on the lotto ! :smile:

I hate to disappoint you, but in the U.S. Dogs get killed all the time in pounds just for being there to long. That, for example, does not happen in Germany. So animal welfare is not the greatest here. SeaWorld is under fire for treating their Animals bad and the list goes on....and as much beef the Americans eat.... well....

I totally understand that and I know dogs get killed in pounds in the USA its the same in Ireland, millions of dogs are put to sleep everyday here in pounds all over Ireland if after 5 days stray dogs are not reclaimed or an offer of a home they are killed and if a dog is surrendered they get 24 hours then are put to sleep but we don't eat them nor do I imagine do the people of the US my objections are to countries that see domestic animals as food and kill them in a horrific way so for me my money wont be spent there.
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    I live in Dublin, Ireland so somewhere that doesn't rain 9 months of the year on my list is :

USA, Hawaii, Africa, some parts of the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Poland.
    I've no interest in places like China, Vietnam, Romania, Germany or any countries that eat cats, dogs or horse meat or any countries that have a low standard of animal welfare and human rights they wouldnt even get on my list.
    You have to make a stand for what you believe in and for me that would be not giving my money to those said countries.

So come on the lotto ! :smile:

Hi Trish,
    Just to let you know, but they eat horsemeat in Poland too. Or at least they did back in '98.

Yes I was wondering about that I have some polish friends here in Ireland but didnt want to be rude by asking them so now Poland will be off the list too. I've seen how equines are treated when going to the meat chain by countries such as France, Germany, Romania etc and its terrible I can't stop it so can only do my bit by not contributing money to their economy.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Go to Rome! No matter how long it takes, save your money and go! I went last year with my wife for our 15th anniversary and it was AMAZING!!!!!

Grazie! I live there.

Used to, just off via portuense ...

next time I m back its the national news for me as I m taking a dip in the trevi fountains and going to explain I was so excited to be back I couldn't help myself !
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    Indonesia
    Japan
    Norway
    United Kingdom
    Florida (that's a state, i know)
    Italy (I'm going there in a few years actually)
    Austria
    China
    Australia
    Brazil
    Egypt
    Siberia.
    Oh man i wouldn't know. I want to go everywhere.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    New Zealand
    Italy
    Australia
    (Anywhere where it isn't negative temps would be amazing right now!!!!!)
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    - Paris: I love this city, I've been there once and my cousin now lives there, so I actually have twice the reasons to go there! I don't just want to - I have to!

- Ireland: I love the history and the places. The countryside is just magical and I'd die to visit Dublin. This is such a big wish I want to fulfill in my life.

- Lousiana & southern USA: I have a true obsession for New Orleans and it's my dream to visit it someday. I don't know why I feel like I belong to somewhere in the south of USA. And I was born in Italy :frown:

- Japan: love the culture and the places, both the traditional and modern side of Japan are incredibly interesting. Even though I don't know much about how's the life there, so I'm a bit afraid to visit such a different country.

- More USA, Scandinavian countries, Poland and so on: there are several places I'd like to see because their history and their landscapes are so beautiful. Definitely too many to count. I bet I'm still forgetting a lot.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Whenever anyone asks me where I'd like to visit most the answer is always Australia. But obviously if money wasn't an issue, as many as I could possibly visit!
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    i'm not trying to be mean, but if the animals aren't treated badly, why does it matter whether they are simply killed but killed and eaten? Unless you also care for animals like cows, pigs and chickens beside dogs, horses and cats, i think what you're saying it kinda weird to me.
    But i'll respect you if you think horses and dogs etc are worth more because they have served us, if that;s how you want to put it.

I just find that if you eat one certain type of animal, it's kinda unfair to feel eating a different kind of animal is inhumane.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia, but it' such a BIG country, there is a lot I would like to explore first! I'd go straight up to the northern most point and check out the eastern state and all the places I have lived along the way. then Across to Ayers Rock, kakadu, up to Darwin briefly, across to Broome in WA, down to the bottom of WA, across to SA and the various islands, Tassie, skip through Vic and visit friends in Melbourne, Sydney... Back up to Bris where I do some visiting then get on an international flight..

Then I'd head to the UK (to pick up an old friend for a tour guide) , Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man, then to Greece to visit her Mother... Back to Italy. Spain. Probably a bit of South America, Africa...Over to the east.... Deserted islands in Micronesia
    I'd take another friend to Hawaii ...

Can I just say I'd like to visit all the continents?
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    Did I mention I'd visit New Zealand too? it looks like such a beautiful country!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Go to Rome! No matter how long it takes, save your money and go! I went last year with my wife for our 15th anniversary and it was AMAZING!!!!!

Grazie! I live there.

Used to, just off via portuense ...

next time I m back its the national news for me as I m taking a dip in the trevi fountains and going to explain I was so excited to be back I couldn't help myself !

Hope you don't get arrested.:bigsmile:
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    i'm not trying to be mean, but if the animals aren't treated badly, why does it matter whether they are simply killed but killed and eaten? Unless you also care for animals like cows, pigs and chickens beside dogs, horses and cats, i think what you're saying it kinda weird to me.
    But i'll respect you if you think horses and dogs etc are worth more because they have served us, if that;s how you want to put it.

I just find that if you eat one certain type of animal, it's kinda unfair to feel eating a different kind of animal is inhumane.

It depends on where you come from I don't view cats, dogs, horses as meat and if you saw how those countries treated the animals before being killed you would see where I am coming from, I do care for all forms of animals I don't eat Pork mainly because of the taste but also because again Pigs are treated shockingly bad here in Ireland and all over the world plus the meat you get in them is usually rubbish manufactured and bad for you.
    The only meat I do eat is chicken and yes I do understand where you are coming from and I didn't say any animals is worth more then another I am involved heavily in animal rescue so value all animals but what I am saying is I dont want to visit any country that thinks its okay to treat animals so badly ( I won't go into details as I would make you sick ) and then just to eat them..
    No Thanks !
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm from Venezuela, currently living in Spain.

If I had a lot of money I would go back to Venezuela, love my country, but it sucks if you are poor/middle class.

As for travelling, I would travel to almost any country, (as long as it isn't on war)
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    All of them.
    Not even kidding.

^ This
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yes I was wondering about that I have some polish friends here in Ireland but didnt want to be rude by asking them so now Poland will be off the list too. I've seen how equines are treated when going to the meat chain by countries such as France, Germany, Romania etc and its terrible I can't stop it so can only do my bit by not contributing money to their economy.
    There are actually many more countries that eat horse meat as well, but the horses are still treated well. It's not black and white situation with this. I love (ride, groom, etc) horses, but I would eat horse meat if I liked the taste. I have tried it few times.
    But this would be only in case the horse was well kept. (I actually have friend who have eaten their own horses after they were butchered. These friends also grow their own chickens, turkeys, sheep, etc. and eat them when it's time. The animals are well kept and you know their full history, can't get better than that)
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options

It depends on where you come from I don't view cats, dogs, horses as meat and if you saw how those countries treated the animals before being killed you would see where I am coming from, I do care for all forms of animals I don't eat Pork mainly because of the taste but also because again Pigs are treated shockingly bad here in Ireland and all over the world plus the meat you get in them is usually rubbish manufactured and bad for you.
    The only meat I do eat is chicken and yes I do understand where you are coming from and I didn't say any animals is worth more then another I am involved heavily in animal rescue so value all animals but what I am saying is I dont want to visit any country that thinks its okay to treat animals so badly ( I won't go into details as I would make you sick ) and then just to eat them..
    No Thanks !

Okay, got it!
    I didn't know it was like that in Germany though, i live next to Germany....
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options

No Thanks !

Okay, got it!
    I didn't know it was like that in Germany though, i live next to Germany....

I don't think Germany is one of the countries, where people eat a lot of horses, dogs and cats. I am German, never ate that. They mainly eat pork, beef, and chicken and Germany should follow the guidelines of the EU, when it comes to animal welfare.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Australia
    Japan
    Poland
    England
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Japan
  • DJMIKEY1